Reg. Plates

L

Lori

Can I get new reg. plates without getting a private reg? Just the one's I got with the car have a green border and green text with the garage name on - they ain't too pretty :D

I've been looking on the halfords website but can't find any. Can anyone advise me please?

Thanks ;)

Layla said:
yeah, go to parts for cars at horsley hill, take your registration documents and photo id with you.
Ok thanks. How much am I looking at? And do they do personalised ones? Like could I get my name on or something? Also, are they easy to fit... for my dad that is :D

Frauds dont do personalisation, well my local ones doesnt.. and they charge around £20 for both here

:wasntme:
Arnold said:
Frauds dont do personalisation, well my local ones doesnt.. and they charge around £20 for both here
Frauds? Are you not meant to replace your plates? I've picked this up wrong heven't I? LoL :D

Lori said:
:wasntme:
Frauds? Are you not meant to replace your plates? I've picked this up wrong heven't I? LoL :D

Halfords = Frauds lol

and yeah, you can replace your plates but they have their limits on what they'l do! They can be stuck to the car using adhesive pads, which they sell too.

Arnold said:
Halfords = Frauds lol

and yeah, you can replace your plates but they have their limits on what they'l do! They can be stuck to the car using adhesive pads, which they sell too.
Adhesive pads???? That sounds scary!!! Isn't that what people use to put Christmas cards up :laugh:

Also, is there anywhere online I can check some styles out?

lol!!

I understand the styles your allowed are very limited.

You can have one of about 3 fonts and a badge on the left which is supposed to be an England flag, an EU flag or a GB logo.

I might be wrong

TG has some advice:

Using swoopy characters on a number plate to give it what you might think is a bit of style can also land you in hot water. The police can view this as obstructing the law if the number is difficult to read and this can result in a stint before the local beak

The law allows you to display a national flag as part of the number plate design, but other symbols such as football team badges or the car's maker's badge are forbidden

http://www.topgear.com/content/buyersguides/06/3.html

Have i misunderstood the topic completely? :laugh:

No, that's exactly what I meant. My aunty has a private reg, and underneath it she has her full name. I was wondering whether I could get my name put underneath? You know where the garage's wuld usually put their company name? Or is that only on private reg's?

Normally the shop/dealer who makes the plate puts their name and tel number just as a sneaky advert.

Mines only got "S.M.C" which is my local shop.

Dunno where u can get that bit personalised.

How come on the DVLA website you can only get either the old style (eg. L123 LOR) or the new style (eg. LW53 LOR)? I've seen loads've reg's about like this: LOR 1234 but where can you search for that style?

i got some on ebay, aslong as your not using a wild font, or a very large logo, for instance, my plates have the legal 3D font, black border, but have a personlised name at the bottom.

they were only £11.50 with a fixing kit and I doubt ill get any hassle for them... hopefully (Y)

Lori said:
How come on the DVLA website you can only get either the old style (eg. L123 LOR) or the new style (eg. LW53 LOR)? I've seen loads've reg's about like this: LOR 1234 but where can you search for that style?

Im pretty much sure thats irish style plate.

When i got my plates made up i had to sign a form to say i had been told that it was ILLEGAL to have my name under the reg number, its apparently only companys who make plates and the garages. I didnt really bother an got my name underneath anyway!

Daz :alien:

K10Daz said:
Im pretty much sure thats irish style plate.
There must be a fair few Irishman driving round South Shields then ;) So you can only get them in Ireland?

sonic said:
no, you can buy them from number plate dealers, they cost from around £199 + transfer fees.
So is there nowhere on the net you can check for availability?

i got mine done for £14 a pair, with JNE discount. he'll do anything you want. any reg, picture, whatever. no id or reg docs required

micraisok said:
i got mine done for £14 a pair, with JNE discount. he'll do anything you want. any reg, picture, whatever. no id or reg docs required
Where was that at? And what's JNE discount? :wasntme:

we will only do legal plates im affraid...

nothing with any wording or silly font is allowed as the Automatic Numberplate Recognition machine cant read them...

the space under the plate should only have the makers name and the full postcode of the head office or main depot.....nothing else.. this is to chase and trace any fraudulent activity using false plates.

there is only three types of numbers alowed... 3D, Hiline and Standard...... there is only three types of back ground available plain..... bordered or flaged... the flaged ones must be for the nationality of the reg no present and the space should be occupied by nothing other than 5 flag designs..... England Ireland Scotland and Wales....plus the GB flag and europe crest.

for a number plate to be made you will need the following..

Your V5 document and a photo driving liscence
they must match with both address and name.

no V5 we will accept a V750, V948, V5C, letter of authority from the DVLA or police.....thats it..

and for ID
Passport and two paper address varification's...ie utility bill dated and a bank statement dated..

thats it...anything else and you are braking the law...!!!
you can get fined up to £5000 and have your car impounded.....and the place that made the plates can also get fined £5000 and have their liscence revoked..

peace..

Back