Plasti Dip

CMF_DumpsterMummy

» CMF Member
Hey guys,

I've been looking at some ways of touching up the aesthetics of my LX, like the faded plastics or even colour matching some of the interior plastics with the exterior. The other day I came across this stuff called Plasti Dip. From what I gather it's a spray on rubber coating that is completely removable if the end product is not what you intended. It seems to be gaining some popularity in America and some of the results look pretty cool. It can be used on wheels, badges, bumpers, interior even the whole car!

Here are some videos:

The channel in the second video lives on this stuff, he has heaps of videos where he showcases what the stuff can do. So basically, I'm going to be picking up some of this stuff on Tuesday, unfortunately its a bit prices approx. $40 a can here. You can find a local distributor here:
http://www.plastidip.net.au/home

So yeah, like I said, I'll grab some on Tuesday hopefully and I'll get you guys some before and afters and tell you how it all goes. I just wanted to share this with you guys as I'm sure there are plenty of applications where this stuff could come in handy.

Cheers!

CMF_Rudy

» CMF Member
I used to use a couple of products that were similar in the old days, one was spray mask which could be used as masking, and another that we used to coat our spraybooths with to stop buildup of overspray with, just peel off and recoat.

im abit dubious about using on plastics etc were peeling is already a problem, will be interested to hear of your results

CMF_DumpsterMummy

» CMF Member
Hey guys, here is what I've mustered up so far over the last two days.

I decided that I'd start small, see if the stuff is any good, so the inner door handles were my first go at using this stuff.

Attachments

• 75156.jpg
    75156.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 28
Back