my 1.0L project for upcomming Drag Event this January

CMF_Akinari

» CMF Member
hi guys

im having a little project with my K11 1.0L for this upcomming drag event in our place in january 2009.

i guess ill be the only fool joining the open category with a 1.0L car. my only chance of getting lucky is by best reaction time i guess.

well, just wana ask you guys for upgrade suggestions for my little pocket rocket. and engine swap is no option. i just wana make do with my 1.0L.

ok so far my upgrades are:

- Simota Racing Filter
- Scav exhaust
- Adjusted Cam Gear Timing
- Custom Voltage Stabilizer and Ground Kit
- Lowered front suspension
- Jap import Gas Shocks
- Lightened Stock Flywheel
- Splitfire High tension wires
- Splitfire Spark plugs
- Removed rev limiter
- Removed back seats
- Lightweight donut rear tires (100/100/R15)

sad thing is.. the only parts available for sale in auto shops for the k11 are piston rings and metal head gaskets.

also trying to get cg13de cams from sir Turbo march rolling shell.

and maybe ill be getting those head gaskets and get my head port and polished and maybe a little shave.

also planning to get ga15 injectors and TB but im not sure if its a bolt on fit on the cg10de. but read in the forums it fits right in for the cg13.

well.. hope to be getting suggestions from you guys!

cheers!

aki

CMF_sportsclassic

» CMF Member
The 1.3 camshafts will make a good upgrade, alot of the UK members on this forum have done that, we never got the 1.0 in aus.
The ga15 t/body and injectors should fit your 1.0 as they are the same as the 1.3.

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
akinari

the 1.0,s will never have the grunt of a 1.3, but they really thrive on high rev,s, mine was still pulling strongly at 8000 with basicly just cams and exhaust mods.
http://www.autosprint.co.uk/ do an excellent reprofile that you can use stock shims above and below the buckets.
and i just filed a flat on the locating dowel to dial the cams in

frank

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
akinari

no the 1.3,s are a straight fit, but they will only give about a 5hp gain.
my (1.3 derived) piper,s gave about a 10hp gain over stock 1.0,s, but i had to fit ground down shim,s under the bucket,s (to compensate for the material that piper had removed from the cam,s)
my autosprint inlet cam gives a proper powerband (2 stroke-esque) and was easier to shim up (ie, no grinding)

frank

CMF_Akinari

» CMF Member
frank

i see.. ill just go with the stock 1.3 cams sir since other materials for k11 are super rare to find. but will be doing regrind in the future.

thanks for the reply!

aki

Back