Don't laugh now...

PDRM0004.jpg

It's a 1 litre honestly officer...

PDRM0002.jpg

PDRM0001.jpg

PDRM0010.jpg

Cheers

Dave

P.S. I need to paint that support there on the engine. (THE BLACK BIT)

ok theres only 1 thing i dont like about it and thats the grill, but other than that 100% sweet job mate :D:D

I can't really do anything about the grille though can I...unless anyone can think of anything!

To be honest, it was the only solution at the time!

the front would prob look better if the bumpers were colour coded i suppose :S

what have ya done to the engine so far? is lookin good under there.

59 bhp is more than enough said:
have you thought bout extending the front bumper then putting the grill on a slant if you see what i mean. those wheels mist be a deathtrap with all that power.

good idea..

if the car was mine and I felt a bit giddy... I stick a load of tat to it...

then put a few pics on barryboys to see some funny results..

Really nice car. Must be so much fun having a sleeper like that. Lovin' the 1L badge on the back, bet a few corsas get a surprise at the lights.

59 bhp is more than enough said:
have you thought bout extending the front bumper then putting the grill on a slant if you see what i mean. those wheels mist be a deathtrap with all that power.

probably not... i can't see him driving all out on a public road. As long as the loud pedal isnt planted it should be fine.

tajones said:
Surely that speedo needs changing. 120 mph??

not really,lol

wers he gunna do over 120? (not on public roads!!!! i hope) and on track it dont matter :D

I have topped the car out in 5th gear on a private road (wink), and using the speed calculator or the SR20 forum, it was around 174 mph!

I tell you this though, it isn't nice, and I won't be repeating it!

I crossed the line @ Crail a number of weeks ago at 119.7 mph, with no traction in 1st or 2nd gear. It will do more than that with better traction!

Cheers for the appreciation!

Dave

NISMO_ALMERA said:
I have topped the car out in 5th gear on a private road (wink), and using the speed calculator or the SR20 forum, it was around 174 mph!
I tell you this though, it isn't nice, and I won't be repeating it!
I crossed the line @ Crail a number of weeks ago at 119.7 mph, with no traction in 1st or 2nd gear. It will do more than that with better traction!
Cheers for the appreciation!
Dave

wot GEARBOX are u using? and wot rev were you at doing the 174mph?? wot kind of distance did it take you to reach this speed of 174mph??

The engine revs out to 8200 and I'm using an Almera GTi gearbox, with the 4.176 final drive!

Using the Maxis tyres, it works out to about 174 mph!

The car got to that speed in maybe a mile and a bit!

It really does build speed very quickly!

Cheers

Dave

dave what final drive is that from mine will be set to rev to 8000RPM obviously i wont have near aswmuch power till the next engine but it would be intresting to know what it could do..

The Almera GTi gearbox comes with the 4.176 final drive from the factory, which is more suited to the bigger horsepower cars, but you would be better to get your hands on a VZR or equivilent box, which has the 4.44 final drive.

Back