'Little Bandit' dyno

Dave Bull

Ex. Club Member
Well as some of you may know, I had the car at the dyno. today to see what it was making with the addition of the new turbo & intake manifold.

Intial results are quite good at 393.5 BHP at just 10 psi, but the weird thing was where it made the peak power...right on the rev limiter at 8228 rpm!!!

The engine now needs mapped, as it was running lean (about 14.5) from pretty much idle to 6000 rpm, hence the much lower torque figures.

However, regardless of the results, it shows that there is plenty more to come.

With the lean running issue, is is doubtful that I will get up to Knockhill this Sunday(sorry for those who wanted a shot), but I'm sure you can understand that it is not worth risking the engine!

Here's the dyno. graph...

Dyno.jpg

Cheers

Dave

P.S. There were 2 runs as the operator didn't want to rev the engine as high as 8200 rpm on the first run...LOL!!!

That dyno would make a whole lot more sense if the BHP and LB/FT where on the same scale like they should be. As you said looks like it needs a fair bit of work on the mapping. The torque curve should be much more flat than that. I would also check the boost isnt creeping as that can cause the poor torque curve which you have. Basically as you pointed out it can be better and you should have an extremely savage midrange from that turbo torque wise which from the graph you dont see at all.

i was only there on sat talking to the guys from dastek about this car n u go today to get it rolled :( damn i wana see this, will u make the scottish meet n have it on the stand... its december 17th at knockhill ... please come dave we all need to see this :)

stephen

That dyno would make a whole lot more sense if the BHP and LB/FT where on the same scale like they should be. As you said looks like it needs a fair bit of work on the mapping. The torque curve should be much more flat than that. I would also check the boost isnt creeping as that can cause the poor torque curve which you have. Basically as you pointed out it can be better and you should have an extremely savage midrange from that turbo torque wise which from the graph you dont see at all.

Nah, there wasn't any boost creep.

Something is wrong then. Torque curve is an exact copy of how well air is passing through the engine, NA car will be typically quite flat. Turbo car will start to rise then go flat once the boost is level. A car with a too big turbo or other issue will have a torque curve which keeps rising such as yours. Your old graphs make much more sense in this respect.

Back