Air con wiring

Hi, need a bit of help please. Just had air con re gassed but the compressor refused to kick in and the blue light on dash did not come on. Guy could not detect any leaks but could not do a full test obviously, Fuse under dash was OK and could not see any obvious faults. I went out for a little play later and after about 5 minutes of the engine running the compressor suddenly kicked in and the system got lovely and cold :) the light was still not on so I turned it off and on again and it now refuses to do anything :( If I connect the power feed for the compressor directly to the battery it starts and the system gets cold. So I think its an electrical fault, relay, pressure sensor etc, but can anyone point me to where they are?

The pressure switch is on the top of the receiver/dryer which is located below the battery at the front of the NSF chassis leg.

Not sure about the relay as my air-con was a retro fit, so isn't as per OEM layout.

Sorted. The contacts in the dash switch were dirty. We now have an ice cold Micra :cool:
Light doesn't work in the switch but who cares.

Back