Picked up my GTI today..

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
yeh golf. Not a fudge packer sorry smidge. :p

Yes i'm aware this is a micra site. And well the golf is kinda like a micra. just twice the weight and a bit bigger haha.

CMF_Tony

» CMF Member
You mean abit fatter! We picked up my wifes new car yesterday aswell, a brand new Honda Civic VTI. Very nice car, well built, solid, and comes with everything you would want these days. The only thing i could pick at is its not made in Japan anymore.

smidge

» CMF Member
driven a mark 4 and 5 gti, they are both awesome cars!

only use about 2l per hundred or so more fuel than a micra, not quite as chuckable but enough power to be good fun

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Yeh I've already identified that the 6spd manual is way more fun to drive.

Auto was however a requirement. This is a vehicle I'll be using for work and the last thing I want to be doing is changing gears all the time.

Ah well.

smidge

» CMF Member
ah well! yeah the manual is pretty fun... smooth box and light clutch

im sure the DSG is cool, everyone raves about it... it'd just feel a little platstation-y to me

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Mate I feel like an old fart with a playstation. I tell it to do something and it gets confused. Ya can't skip a 2 gears very easily apparently.

Not sure if its a "problem" unique to mine (don't seem to hear of anyone else whinging about them) or if its just the operator. I suspect its the operator but hey. :p

Back