petrol warning light

Stoopid question, but should there be low petrol warning light on the dash - it's never come on - even though the guage shows nearly empty!?!

I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions as my fuel guage seems to be stuck and the only way I know Im almost out of petrol is the low petrol light, what would be the best option a new set of clocks from the scrapie or is it posible to repair the ones I have now. Also its the same withe the temperature guage will not move. They are super s clocks in a 1.3 GX.

Thankyou

?

Stoopid question, but should there be low petrol warning light on the dash - it's never come on - even though the guage shows nearly empty!?!

I just joined MSC to answer your post :grinning: I had that on my Micra and I ran out of fuel and the light never come on.

So is it just a case of putting a bulb there if there is not one or will it not be wired in?

My 1998 base doesn't seem to have one.

In fact I've never seen a warning light come on my car except when starting.

You can just slot a bulb in. It's a bigger bulb though. I have one here that says D7 and 2M on it, so if they're some sort of bulb code, those are the ones you need, and the specific holder.

If you have one and you're not sure it works, they terminals handly fit over those of a 9v battery.

my sr aint got a warning light for fuel i just like to run out of fuel when travelling back to scotland on the m6 lol done it just after my b/day in december lol they all should be fitted as standard

its a 97 i have and as far as the previous owner knows off it doesnt have one its weird i also got a light out on the rev counter between 0-3 it doesnt bother me but i am considerin putting the up for sale either that or its £5k thats getting spent but anyway back to the problem . so it does have one well i need to get it checked out the car is in the red so i will have a look as i possibly might be heading to crail for a bit of a thrash lol

Back