sniff petrol

S

smurfman

hi guys, had my k11 for a week now, and think i might have a bit of a problem with it:

whenever i fill the tank to full (happened twice) the car and around the car stinks of petrol, the car doesnt noticeably lose much fuel (i got just under 300 miles to my last tank with about an 8th left, is this normal?). When it happened last week there was a drip trail from the car that looked like it was coming from the petrol tank area, but not this time ive filled up.

ive also filled up with only 20 quids worth (when i weas taking the car home from the dealership) and didnt have the problem, so i think its only when i fill the tank

something i should be worried about? common problem? am i going to explode?

help me!

cheers guys, its only done 43k so i wouldnt have thought it'd be worn yet?

a cracked tank sounds expensive :(

semi common fault this. i beleive its to do with cracked or blocked breather pipes near the top of the tank. it only does when filled to over 3/4 full. if you look underneath not too long after filling up before it evaopates you can see where it has trickled down the sides of the petrol tank. to save money i just fill to half - 3/4 tank no more.

The thread title made me think is this a new Micra hobby!

Could just be a small crack/leak letting vapours escape, try leaving paper under the car at night to see if theres any drips.

Back