Performance..

nathan.warren69

Ex. Club Member
Hi Guys,

So at the minuite im just kind of thinking stuff it, i want more performance and ill just bite the bullet with the insurance, but my question is, what are they things that i can do that will effect performance most?
What have you done that you have noticed a big differnce?

Thanks in advance :)

funny thing i was just looking at that exact same one haha :p will that fit on a standard mani or do i need a custom one? and any idea how loud it is? one last thing, will it still be okay with emissions and pass an MOT?

It fits to the only cat we have on the 1.4, and it will be fine for emissions if you keep your cat, as we only have one :) i think it may hang down a little lower on our engines due to differences in cat and mani size, but will still fit ok afaik

funny thing i was just looking at that exact same one haha :p will that fit on a standard mani or do i need a custom one? and any idea how loud it is? one last thing, will it still be okay with emissions and pass an MOT?
direct fit to standard micra mani and cat pass its MOT fine and it isnt too loud has a lovly rasp to it ive been meaning to make a vid on mine will do it this weekend and up load it :) keep ur eye on my blog for it

http://www.micra.org.uk/threads/1-3-si-project.51108/

will do mate cheers, which bit is the cat? there is the cylinder just under the manifold and then a small box just past the engine? is the small box just another silencer and the cylinder the cat?? and can the box under the car be emptyed (If its only silencer)? if possible i would like a little more noise, but keeping standard for the moment im planning to get that system maybe in a few months or so just gotta save up and see about insurance :p

will do mate cheers, which bit is the cat? there is the cylinder just under the manifold and then a small box just past the engine? is the small box just another silencer and the cylinder the cat?? and can the box under the car be emptyed (If its only silencer)? if possible i would like a little more noise, but keeping standard for the moment im planning to get that system maybe in a few months or so just gotta save up and see about insurance :p
youve got the mani into the first cat then the down pipe into a 2nd cat witch is usless as it doesnt get hot enough to work properly then into a resinator box then into the back box umm u can take the second cat out eaither replace with straight pipe or bash the insides outs so its empty this will alow a little more flow wont make much diffrence tho ur best bet is to save up for the rally system

well, i dont know if your micra will have this as i have the k11 before yours (the older one) but, my friend told me about a small screw in the TB and what this does is change the idle revs, as mine was setting on 500RPM on idle and didnt really like it so i changed mine to 1000RPM (highest it will go and highest i want it), and it does now sound on idle like it has a small whistle, which is the effect i want, so when its sat there you can here like a very small whistling sound, (had a mechanic check said its fine nothing to worry about) so with it on idle on 1000RPM it warms the engine up faster, and also since i have had this changed it also has imediate throttle response difference, before it wouldnt pick up as good, but now you kinda put your foot the tinyest bit down and it does pick up a lot.

this screw is on the TB the left side of it and its rubber, you will have to get your hand down deep and with a phillips screwdriver (cross) took about a minute to do but i realised the difference straight away :) hope this helps, if you neeed pictures let me know il get you some

well i guess its worth a try i can always put it back again, yeah if you have pictures that would be great? also im assuming you had the engine running while you did this?

no no, i had the engine turned off, but if im right its a clockwise (right) motion to make it higher and anti-clockwise (left) to make it less, but less than 500RPM would kill the engine im guessing

but yeah i can get some pictures taken for you tomorrow and have them up straight away tomorrow afternoon :)

hahaa cheers bud, im at work at the moment so i cant have a look just yet, the more response would be nice however i do like the rumble of the exhaust from about 800rpm -1000rpm.. haha

haha yeaaah me to, i liked how mine whistles, tbh it does sound like it has a turbo, because when i drive no music playing just engine sound i rev it up say to about 3500RPM then let off the accelerator it kinda has the sound of a turbo spooling down then when i rev it back up it starts to whistle again getting louder :) i love that sound :D, with your induction kit you have put in do you get like an air gushing sound from it or anything?

i do yes, my exhaust gives the roar from the back and the induction gives a deep roar from the front, so even when your going along at very high rpm it doesnt sound like the engine is screaming you just have a deep roar from the induction its pretty cool, i would like to see about tweaking the TB like you have but that all depends if i have the screw. my car engine is abit differnt to the normal one everyone else has, as its a 1.4 coil pack :)

ah yeah, because mins the 1.0 16V, errrm il get some pics in around an hour or so then il try to somehow upload them from my phone :)

haha awsomee well post some pics and ill see if i have it, chances are i dont as the whole car seems to be hooked up to the ecu and it kind of looks like the TB is aswell so fingers crossed :p

well, as far as i know this screw is more mechanical in the engine than electrical with the ECU, and i think the screw changes something in the TB to tell it to suck more air in to rev it more but i dont know haha, but yeah i have some pictures for you, here you go :p

idlescrew.jpg

ahh okay, recon i have one frank? and how do you have yours set? any experiance with adjusting them?
i dont think coilpack t/b,s have one, and the idle control valve works the same way, so you have to set the idle with the bleed screw so that the i/c/v still has its full range (from fully open to raise the rpm, to fully closed if there,s no parasitic load, ie p/a/s or alternator loads etc)

i couldent see anything yesterday that looks remotely like a screw, now i have seen a pic i know what im looking for but i doubt i have one :p ahh well, any other ways to make it abit more responsive?

haha, well my Micra yesterday suddenly got louder, i thought my downpipe had gone again :'( but when i looked the downpipe had actually come off the clip holding it up to the car, so the downpipe is vibrating more giving it a bit more vruum haha, i like the sound of it but :/ hope that i dont hit a speed bump on it, so i need to get it sorted haha

yeah, well the pipe doesnt seem to have moved its still there just a few MM dropped, but there is things under my car even lower than that but if anything will look like il need new bolts to put it back in :L, or i could go back to the garrage i got it done at, was only around a month ago i had it done so could see if they could do it if its there fault :p

If i were you i would take it back to the garage first, if they wont do it then do it your self, but most places would do it anyway :) its worth a try before you having to do it :)

hahaa :p take it back its worth a try first, saves you abit of hassel and money if they will sort it out for free, it should last far longer than a month..

haha, well my Micra yesterday suddenly got louder, i thought my downpipe had gone again :'( but when i looked the downpipe had actually come off the clip holding it up to the car, so the downpipe is vibrating more giving it a bit more vruum haha, i like the sound of it but :/ hope that i dont hit a speed bump on it, so i need to get it sorted haha

^^ THIS is the bane of my life, i need a new hanger or a metal bar or something, i cant drive without it clipping on the road anymore.. lol

Back