People With Smooth Boots

scottish-sr

Ex. Club Member
For the people who have smoothed boots. Obviously the number plate and lighting for it has to be repositioned. How did you do this?

Looking at it I would lengthen the wire and double it back on itself up the tailgate to the top and out the wee rubber grommit where the rest of the wires are, then run it back down under the rubber seal to the rear bumper

Think that would be ok??

kristian said:
tie into your existing TAIL out of your 'stop and tail' wiring

easier

No - as when you brake it will go out, and then the police will do you for having a flashing light on the back of your car. Trust me!

Run it off the main tail wire light - much easier, just splice. Need a hand, gimmie a shout. :)

My mate said the same as Kristian, just run an extra wire from one of the rear lights so that when you put your lights on, it will come on too.

I just thought about lengthening the wire, running it back down the inside of the tailgate then down under the weather seal to the rear bumper.

Gemma85 said:
ask gam he bought mine i dont no how it all worked

Not had a chance to sort it yet I'm afraid, too busy with college and stuff for now. I think Kristian pretty much has it right though, seems pretty simple to me.

When you turn your lights on the rear ones come on yes, when you press the brake peddle they go brighter, that because it's dual filament and runs off 2 circuits, a + for each going in with a single - coming out, or something on those lines.

Goldstar and Kris you are 100% right...

i did this on mine as it was the shortset journey to my reg plate...

Scottish sr i'll msn you later and talk about it...

Back