PC help needed. windows XP not responding

Hi,
My wife just rang to say that she opened a message in Outlook Express, and now her Windows XP is hanging!

The message was from an unknown sender called ' Sheldon Sorensen ' and the subject line was ' forward:info ' . I googled those terms from my pc in work here, but didn't get any obvious hits as to whether or not it's a virus. My wife suspects it is.

I haven't seen the PC so I'm only going by what she told me etc, etc.
Her pc is acting strangely now, and she cannot send or recieve any more emails. She couldn't open Internet Explorer after she restarted the machine. When she tried to open Outlook Express it said that "it cannot be opened as there is another instance of it already running".

Any help,
please reply quick before I go home, as I will probably not have a connection when I get there with that problem on that damn pc!!!
cheers
madpanfan

Sounds like a Virus to do that, best bet I would say, get the virus scanner going, and make sure you have one cheacking all incoming emails for the future.

had the same email at about 6pm, it looked dodgy so i deleted it straight away, it was then followed by the same sort of email but with a different name, that got deleted too.

Back