Passenger Footwell Leak

Demarest

Ex. Club Member
When it rains, the passenger footwell of my K11 1994 fills with water, I removed the dash board and thought I located the problem by sealing a hole under the windscreen wipers, but it still leaks. Any ideas on how to cure the problem?

Thanks

Demarest said:
When it rains, the passenger footwell of my K11 1994 fills with water, I removed the dash board and thought I located the problem by sealing a hole under the windscreen wipers, but it still leaks. Any ideas on how to cure the problem?

Thanks

I had EXACTLY the same problem, its a design fault which means water drips directly down the interior air intake, into the footwell/blow motor.

I removed the dash, but later discovered that it wasnt necessary to do so.

You need to remove the plastic splash plate below the windscreen wiper arms. I found that water was coming through one of the white clips that held this plastic on (coming through its mounting hole and dripping down), and also dripping down through the windscreen level arrows (a green piece of plastic on my car), again, through their mounting holes.

Try sealing with flashing tape :)

Cheers, i'll try the tape for the time being, but are there replacment rubbers/gromets available from nissan or can the parts be sourced cheaper elsewhere?

thanks.

Back