Part numbers required. For gearbox.

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
If NSM reads this, Nick do you still have access to parts?

For anyone else reading this I need to get the part numbers for all the gearbox seals and (I think) the input shaft bearing. The one that most commonly fails, the flat (not tapered roller) bearing.

Thanks.
Mike

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
mipcar WROTE:

"If NSM reads this, Nick do you still have access to parts?

For anyone else reading this I need to get the part numbers for all the gearbox seals and (I think) the input shaft bearing. The one that most commonly fails, the flat (not tapered roller) bearing.

Thanks.

Mike

Hey Mike,

Your best bet is with this is to remove the gearbox, disassembly it all and go to your local bearing shop, Nissan has a 6week turn around. I called my local nissan they thats what they told me, at the bearing shop it was a 5min drop in, but you have to press the Input Shaft Bearing off, and press the new one on :)

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
mipcar WROTE:

"Yes mate, already done that however the bearing place could not match up the bearing size or the seals for me.

They are a **** bearing place then, haha. They need to pull out a set of milimeters or something and try again or find another local bearing place

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
RTK WROTE:
They are a **** bearing place then, haha. They need to pull out a set of milimeters or something and try again or find another local bearing place

I think you mean a micrometer or probably really calipers but yeah, the bearing place did that but my mate who helped me pull down the box and use his press to get the old bearing off took one look at what they sold me and said it was the wrong one.

cisco

» CMF Member
d

Attachments

• 82682.jpg
    82682.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 29

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
woohoomobile WROTE:

"Im about to replace a clutch and want to replace the noisy bearings also. Id like to have the parts ready to swap it over right away.

any more info guys?

Need to pull apart your box!

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
Well finally got the correct bearings and Nissan had the seals in Australia.
All good to go now with re-assembly.

Parts are at mates place but I can get the part numbers and bearing part numbers over the next day if anyone wants them.

Back