Painting the spoiler...

D4R73N

Ex. Club Member
Soon i'll be getting the plastic style roof spoiler which i woill hopefully be able to spray blue to match the car... but because i alreaddy have this one (below) which will stay on the car with the other one... can this syle be sprayed as it is more foam than plastic...cheers

2094135_2_full.jpg

You could get filler and cover it in that, be easily sprayable then but i dont know if this is worth doing or if it might crack... :s

You should be able to spray it just the paint may not grip as well as it would to metal for example. You could always try it, just make sure you give it a good sanding first to give the paint something to grip too. :)

you can get a plastic based primer which will grip the foam and wont crack as easy as a normal primer unless direct pressure is applied (shutting boot holding spoiler etc) but as dan said give it a quick sand over and you cant really go far wrong unlesslike me you spray a splitter then hit kerbs with it - doh

RE: RE: Painting the spoiler...

tommo said:
you can get a plastic based primer which will grip the foam and wont crack as easy as a normal primer unless direct pressure is applied (shutting boot holding spoiler etc)

Shutting the boot, I should not do it then...lol

Back