Installing a spoiler

alien10

Ex. Club Member
right i've got hold of a spoiler for my k10 and need to know how to attach it the car, and wether to spray it black or the same colour as my car (sky blue)

below is the spoiler i got, and any help would be greatful
09290014.jpg

If it's an original Micra K10 spoiler then you find some info about it in the Haynes manual.
It'll be in the section for later models which had the Spoiler etc :)

its an original spoiler, right best look at the manual cheers

next question, how do you spay it up

do i first sand it, then prime it then do i spray it the blue

First rub it down with "wet & Dry" 320 sand paper (by hand) and youll also need a bucket with warm water and a bit of fairy, to use it with.
After the previous paint is in a dry and matt condition you can start primering. TRY to stay away from aerosols as they're too thin and run easily.
See if you can get to a mates bodyshop and "borrow" his air gun.
Lay the primer sparingley and evenly so you dont get a single run!
Give it another coat once its dry. (primer basically builds up and gives the new paint more contrast)
Now you can paint using the same technique, any colour you wish!!!!!

Good Luck.

As for fitting i see two screw's in that pic. Place it against the boot pull out the screws, line it up sqaure then put a marker through the holes and make a point on each side. Now you have your drill points!!!

you can do a resonably good job using aerosols if you use them right. i dont happen to have a freind with a spray gun so use aerosols quite often, only on small bits, aerosols should be fine for a spoiler, its when you try spraying panels using aerosols you get prblems. (Y)

thanks your very helpful, glad iam a member of this site, right not got a m8 with a bodyshop so it'l have to be can's, and the diagram is excellent.

weres the best place for getting them

halfords will do mate, i think they use a primer in the paint aswell so priming isnt necessary, altho i would still use a primer to be safe, just take time with the prep work and you'll get a good finish (Y)

ok, i have put the spoiler up for sale on here, but iam going to fix it to my car instead.

i've spray'd it black. now i will follow the digram above from the manual. my next question is the bolts don't come all the way through the boot to the inside so how to attach, or iam i doing it wrong.

You need to drill holes on the outside for the spoiler to poke through, and holes on the inside to put the nuts on :)

You can't drill straight through because of the angle. You'l need to do it both sides

Back