Painting Drums & Calipers

pjg1979

THIS IS MY BOOMSTICK!
Hello Folks & Folk'ets,

is it okay to paint the Drums and Calipers using hammerite or do you have to use a special heat paint or something?

You should be fine with hammerite as its durable stuff anyway. I used halfords acrylic based aerosols on mine and its been fine so far. I dont expect it to last forever but hey :)

im the same i used hammerite on mine and it always looked great even though the car was dirty, until i crashed it, but thats another story lol

i think it sometimes depends on what alloys you've got.If you've got some thin 5 spoke alloys then the drums are gonna be noticable.

At the end of the day,if you wanna paint them the same colour as your car,feel free to do it,dont let anyone stop you!

If you wanna do it, go ahead!

But why make your drum brakes stick out?
I wouldn't even paint my calipers anything but black, unless they were so stupidly huge i wanted to make a point of them being there.

i painted both blue and reckon it looks better, but as long as it goes with the rest.

(the interior is blue and black with blue lights nd stuff, so looks pretty mental i reckon)

Well I was planning on painting them Silver or a light green, I currently have rusty looking ones which you can see through the alloys.

silver's good, make em look new, i did my drums green, same as front calipers, but i've had a rear disc axle to fit for about a year.

I might do mine in silver, but around I think I might put the MSC web address as well as having the stickers on my rear windows. Or is that too much?

Back