Paint buffing

goldstar0011

Ex. Club Member
The next big thing I want to do to my car is really buff the paint work up but I don't fancy doing it all with elbow grease, a "mop" is recomended but don't fancy paying £40+ for one, can these
or something like these be fitted to an angle grinder?
I plan to use the G3 compund so know it's best to use something like a mop.

Thats the kinda thing that was used on my car mate, with a G3 compound and the results were outstanding!

Fordy said:
be carefull not to burn the paint

Not trying to annoy anyone but how is that helpful or even an answer to my question?

I just prefer my threads to contain the information I ask for, I've done my research on how to use G3 hence asking about MOP's

i got a cordless 18V Polisher buffer thing. Did a great job :) but u get all around the car and then u gotta charge it again :( and it dont work from mains lol battery only. :( can always borrow it if u want though mate

goldstar0011 said:
Not trying to annoy anyone but how is that helpful or even an answer to my question?

I just prefer my threads to contain the information I ask for, I've done my research on how to use G3 hence asking about MOP's

in fairness G, he was only trying to give you a bit of advice, its still relevant

Ww use a mop at work to buff cars and it basically is a grinder.
The 1 we use also has a 7 inch grinding disc for it that we sometimes use
You're best off letting the pro's do it as it does take some skill. Like fordy said be carefull not to burn through the paint, especially on the edges.
We charge about £50 to do this and it's probably money well spent.

Thanks for all the advice and I'll probably pizz someone off but again do I need to buy one or is there something I can use on my angle grinder.

Just to add, I have 2 lovely scratched spare wings to play on, have already used G3 by hand on one and it works great, I know what I am doing and am prepared to take the next step on by using on the car.

Yeah, i used Ed's angle grinder. I dont know if the spongey bit is a universal fitment tho. Also, it wasnt G3 i used, i believe it was 3M or something like that.

Mind's playing games with me again

Back