quick paint question ( not ur usual one :)

CMF_Pierce

» CMF Member
so I disassembled my pod filter and realized the purple honeycomb mesh is paint chipped quite a bit, I've got tons of colors lying around the house but can I use regular spray paint? Is there something hardier to use that wont chip as easily as $10 supercheap paint? I'm into tabletop games and happen to have loads of really really nice colours sitting in bottles that I can brush onto it but will the waterbased paints survive a drive or two?

CMF_Rudy

» CMF Member
Its not the paint that worries me but the surface u r wanting to paint, mesh needs to b stripped of the flaking paint first either with paint stripper or ideally sandblasted, u dont want crap entering ur throttle body do you, sounds more like u have foam sports filter maybe?? than a pod filter. Easier just to replace isnt it??

CMF_Pierce

» CMF Member
Yeah rudy sorry I meant a foam filter. The mesh is sitting in paint stripper right now. Don't wanna replace the thing with a pod just yet, In fact I'm now wondering if a air box can be fabricated that will accommodate the mushroom filter instead of a pod. If thats the case then I wont bother repainting the mesh, just leave it stainless.

Back