P0130 02 sensor

• Thread starter Deleted member 29304
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 29304

Hi All,
I have only had this 2002 Micra tempest 3 days from a private seller & I find that the engine light came on during a day out. However I have one of those plug in meters to check whats wrong and it tells me that it is the 02 sensor circuit malfunction, Bank1 sensor 1. I know what you're thinking take it back to the people you brought from but it was from a private seller, but it could have gone at any time. I did notice when I had a closer look under the bonnet after buying it that one of the carbon black box connectors were not connected to anything and there was another tube also not connected to anything except leading down to engine, so this afternoon I made a heath robinson repair out of a clean water rubber tube and a pen ink cartridge-minus the ink. The cartridge acted as the tube connector inside the water rubber tubing then connected to the tube going to the engine and other end was connected to the fuel carbon box via duck tape, this repair is only a tempory one until I can find the proper tubing. Has anyone tried one of these OXYGEN LAMBDA O2 SENSOR FITS NISSAN MICRA K11 1.0, 1.4 etc via ebay for only £39.99 instead of £80 from Halfords?

Yours Peter0003

Hi Peter, welcome.

I may be thinking of the wrong hoses, but there are supposed to be a couple ,with open ends in the bay. I think the carbon canister (bulkhead top right?) does have an atmospheric vent and the other one I'm thinking of is the gearbox breather. It strikes me that at the moment you're venting your fuel tank... into your gearbox.

Best check your Haynes manual, or post some photos of the hoses for identification (by someone more knowledgeable than me!)

Hi Peter, welcome.

I may be thinking of the wrong hoses, but there are supposed to be a couple ,with open ends in the bay. I think the carbon canister (bulkhead top right?) does have an atmospheric vent and the other one I'm thinking of is the gearbox breather. It strikes me that at the moment you're venting your fuel tank... into your gearbox.

Best check your Haynes manual, or post some photos of the hoses for identification (by someone more knowledgeable than me!)

Hi MikeHP,
When I fitted the correct hose & connector, to the replace my bodged repair the vacuum within the carbon canister (bulkhead top left) was made & the engine management light went out. There are three hoses from the same canister one goes under the air filter black plastic tube, down towards the gearbox then is attached to the temperature vacuum value, then there’s another that goes straight toward the ground & the last one comes from the fuel tank via a fuel tank value. ( This info via Haynes manual)

Back