K11 Sump on a 02 reg, Advice Please

A bit of advise please from maybe someone who has been through this.
I have a 02 plate micra 1.0L K11.
It had a rotten sump and oil was leaking slightly so I decided to buy another sump ( New ) and fitted it.
I lowered the exhaust front pipe along with the cradle so I could remove the pan.
Used black sealant and replaced the new sump. ( It leaked at the gearbox side after all that )
I removed it again and think this time I have the two sump rubber gaskets in place although the gearbox end one is a bit of a pig to keep in place. ( I have used liquid gasket to try and stick it in place )
I am now been told do not use liquid gasket on the two rubber gaskets.???
Re fitted it. Well its still leaking at the gearbox end far worse then it was before I began this job...LOL
Its leaking nice now and the oil blows along the under of the car and on the main exhaust.
I am now about to fully remove the crossmember and front pipe to get a direct lift in place and smother the rubber seals and the sump in gasket seal.
Am I missing something or is there a trick to fitting these ?
Any help here please, I am at my wits end.

OK just an update on my own post.
Spoke to a few mates who are fitters. They told me to fit sump with sealant and put no sealant under the rubber gaskets that sit either end of the crank and to not put oil in until at least 8 hours so the sealant sets otherwise it will leak.
So taken that on board. I removed the sump again.
Re-fitted it with some sealant called Gastight instant gasket ( There is three types color coded packs ) I used the green which withstands more temperature. I could not wait 8 hours before I put the oil back in and ran the engine so this gasket sets or starts setting in about 15 mins so work quickly if you use it.
I then used a space heater under the car to dry the job out about 1 hour of space heater and the job was a goodun.
Now its bone dry under there. Phew at last...what a toil this has been.
Still can not stop myself looking under the car all the time checking for leaks...LOL

Back