Oversteer

Anto Modded

Ex. Club Member
Got my alloys today and springs in. took it dor a drive and noticed it seemed to oversteer a bit. nothing mad but should it or is there anything i can do help stop it ?

Whats the grip like on the tyres and have the alloys been balanced / aligned etc?

alloys were balanced, can,t remember the name of the tyres off hand. there jap and i ve heard of them before but im ######ed if i can remember the brand

Give the tyres a few hundred miles to break in.

THey'll start to grip better soon. :)

BTW, if you bought larger than standard rims and you had lower profile tyres installed to suit you will find that the lower profile tyres have less sidewall movement and traction will break away earlier than with the higher profile tyres which have more sidewall roll to absorb the cornering forces. If that makes any sense (i didnt put much effort into writing that heh).

But yeh, give them a few hundred miles. :)

My yoko's used to slide everywhere, very poor i thought. Now i have toyo's and they're fantastic!

In the late '70s to early '80s japanese motor bike manufacturers used Yokos as original equipment, but bikers in the know got rid of them straight away, they were refered to as 'Yokohama Diefasts' because of their inability to grip in the wet.

sonic said:
In the late '70s to early '80s japanese motor bike manufacturers used Yokos as original equipment, but bikers in the know got rid of them straight away, they were refered to as 'Yokohama Diefasts' because of their inability to grip in the wet.

ffs thats 20 years ago. tyre technology has come so far since then its not funny. Yokohama are one of the most respected tyre manufacturers in the world.

Disimissing the company today because they had crap tyres 20 years ago is quite foolish at best. If thats how we all worked we wouldn't be driving nissans/datsuns because 40 years ago they were rubbish japanese-made clone cars!!

Added to that every manufacturer has a different range of tyres and not all of them are suited to the same cars. Micras are a hard car to buy tyres for due to their light weight and off tyre sizes. Some tyres are simply too hard for the micra's tiny little weight... Plus there's a ####load more reasons why a tyre might perform badly. Was it being used as it was designed? A touring/highway tyre is going to be #### on corners for obvious reasons. Did you have the right pressures in it? Was your suspension in good order? Was your wheel alignment good? etc

I can't be stuffed writing anything else, its just a ####en stupid arguement.

Yom said:
ffs thats 20 years ago.

No **** sherlock,

Yom said:
Disimissing the company today because they had crap tyres 20 years ago is quite foolish at best.

I didn't dismiss the company or their products, I simply stated what they were like 20 years ago,

Yom said:
its just a ####en stupid arguement.

Who's arguing ? We're having a discussion on Yokohama tyre performance.

And discussing what happened 20 years ago is totally irrelevant to what happens today. Right?

Its not really a fair discussion when (outdated) facts are discussed is it? :) Sorry if I came out overly strong in my reply but I can't stand it when outdated experiences are brought into discussions. I get equally frustrated when people start comparing different tyres they've had on different cars - there's no point in it. Coupled with that the reference was in relation to motorbike tyres. Again, a totally different ballpark to what is being discussed.

Yom said:
And discussing what happened 20 years ago is totally irrelevant to what happens today. Right?

Its not really a fair discussion when (outdated) facts are discussed is it? :) Sorry if I came out overly strong in my reply but I can't stand it when outdated experiences are brought into discussions. I get equally frustrated when people start comparing different tyres they've had on different cars - there's no point in it. Coupled with that the reference was in relation to motorbike tyres. Again, a totally different ballpark to what is being discussed.

he was just adding his 2 cents it was an open discussion no-one sets rules as to what can be discussed. Its not up to you what can and cant be discussed so you shouldnt of came accross so strongly in your post trying to turn it into an argument

Mines running on Some Kind Of Falken tyres, theyre unbeliavably grippy, but i think theyre quite a soft compound as they seem to have worn down quite rapidly. I suggest gettin some of them......

Back