overheating?

righty as you can see from the picture below i kinda have a problem
what can it be?
i know the rad fan isnt kicking in but could it be anything else?
its drinking loads and loads of water aswell but only tends to over heat if its wet or i'm ragging it
DSC01998.jpg

bea tea

if its drinking loads of water, you need to check the headgasket, if you fill the rad to the brim and see bubbles appearing at a fast idle, then the gasket is probably gone

is it leaking anywhere underneth? This happened to my black super, had to replace the water pump, cam belt etc...

P.s as im at work i cant see the pic, they block it.....

bea tea

if its drinking loads of water, you need to check the headgasket, if you fill the rad to the brim and see bubbles appearing at a fast idle, then the gasket is probably gone

ok so start the engine without the rad cap on and see if there is any bubbles?
nah i cant see any leaks curtis
oh the pic is of my temp gauge all the way to the top just before the H

atleast a litre
since tuesday i've put atleast 3 litres of water in and last night when i pulled up at my gf house i could hear the water boiling

to me I would say that the water pump is leaking if its really that excessive. Either way you WILL be doing damage by driving it. I suggest you get it repaired asap. I doubt its headgasket as you would really know about it if it was losing that much water, however if you keep overheating it you will kill that anyway.

I agree with ed, this happened on mine and was leaking through the water pump, due to the baring being shot...

Fill it up, run the car for a bit and then check underneth by the bottom part of the engine, where the fan belt goes down to the bottom of the engine.....If there is water there then this is the problem.

Do you have a hanyes manual and are you good with cars ( little experiance)?

I did mine and was easy! changed the cam belt as well.

Getting a new one would be best, but i would make sure thats what the problem is first

Have you tryed cracking an egg into the water system.....heard this works!

thought a egg was only good if the rediator was cracked no pun intended :p
yea got a bit of experience.

what i'll do is change the coolant in a bit and put an egg in there aswell see if that works then do the pump at the weekend?

WHAT? forget the stupid bodges and do the job properly.

<speechless>

A while ago...mine had a porous-come-hole heating pipe

one of the pair that goes through the bulkhead..

I found it by running it till hot then switch engine off and pop bonnet andd LISTEN.......(hissssssssssss)

I was loosing a supprising ammount of coolant for such a piffling small hole

try the HOT-LISTEN (hissssssss) <lol> test before commiting to disassembly work

Back