Overheating!!!! arghh... Help Please

Got Car without a thermostat to start with...... What Ive done

Drained fluid previous owner put in radiator ( plain old chlorinated water:mad:)

Removed radiator had it professionally cleaned topped up with some good old coolant
Problem went away for two weeks car running cool as a cucumber:)

After two weeks started running hot again...

Really frustrated any help appreciated :(

Before Radiator clean was boiling over ... Now it's Just the light I usually neutral her up and coast to a safe stopping point ( not all our roads have soft shoulders) and most times the light goes of as soon as I stop then I just shut her off for a while for some extra cooling before I proceed This is really annoying but I don't wanna damage my head

P.S. my fan trips in and out and seems to be in good working order

Turns out i had a warped cylinder head took it to a local machine shop got it resurfaced but my problem came back ( with a vengeance) cars heating up rapidly and is now sitting idle in the garage... a new motor seems the most reasonable solution what do you guys think?

yep.... thinking abt puttin in a HR motor as local scrappers are more likely to have those.... concerned if my tranny will mate

PS K12s arent near as popular as tiidas where i live

I have a 2003 Micra. I have a problem that has occurred twice and this is that the car will not start at all, it happened yesterday and when i got it started i did a 10-15 minute journey and turned the engine off. I turned the ignition to see if it would start and it wouldn't, the engine fan came on however making me think overheating. The 2 days it has happened the sun has been directly on the car.

Is it possible for the car to overheat without the engine being on? If so what could be causing this? Is it likely to be the head gasket problem?

Thanks

nissan micra service

I have a 2003 Micra. I have a problem that has occurred twice and this is that the car will not start at all, it happened yesterday and when i got it started i did a 10-15 minute journey and turned the engine off. I turned the ignition to see if it would start and it wouldn't, the engine fan came on however making me think overheating. The 2 days it has happened the sun has been directly on the car.

Is it possible for the car to overheat without the engine being on? If so what could be causing this? Is it likely to be the head gasket problem?

Thanks

nissan micra service
I assure you you wont overheat because of the sun ( I live in Jamaica ). I'm no expert so don't quote me but I suspect faulty electrics.

Back