over fueling 1.6

kennierobo

Buy & Sell Member
Spent a full day today sorting out the 1.6 micra I now have fuel spark everything as it should be but no combustion, in fact there is so much fuel going in that after a few turns it locks the engine solid, so that i have to remove plugs and syphon petrol from chambers could this be the cause of no combustion has this happened to any other members before and if so what was the remidy.....cheers ken

is it petrol? or water, im not sayin ur stupid or owt, lol. just thought u wight av assumed it was if it wasnt. possible cam sensor?

(speechless for a moment)

If there is that much fuel something is VERY VERY WRONG. You have serious wiring issues by the sounds of it.

well all i can say is wiring was conected up as it was removed all is in place as it should be exept 2 connections and those are the oil switch and speedo everything else is spot on, inside all that is connected is instrument cluster heater, earths and the 2 looms that join the ecu, also i noticed there is a relay attached to 4 pin plug right next to ecu and this is constantly clicking as soon as you hook battery up apart from that im stumped. I actually thought that it had siezed up when it first did it, there was that much fuel getting through, probley far to much for it to fire as it will be drowning the spark, and i know its not water as suggested as i lit my garden fire with it. Anyway it has a few watchers on ebay so maybe its time to call it a day.

well all i can say is wiring was conected up as it was removed all is in place as it should be exept 2 connections and those are the oil switch and speedo everything else is spot on, inside all that is connected is instrument cluster heater, earths and the 2 looms that join the ecu, also i noticed there is a relay attached to 4 pin plug right next to ecu and this is constantly clicking as soon as you hook battery up apart from that im stumped. I actually thought that it had siezed up when it first did it, there was that much fuel getting through, probley far to much for it to fire as it will be drowning the spark, and i know its not water as suggested as i lit my garden fire with it. Anyway it has a few watchers on ebay so maybe its time to call it a day.

if there is a spark then it should burn. if not then its probably too much fuel. i think that possilby the injectors could be in the wrong order so they are injecting at the wrong time and it doesn't get burnt. or maybe the air mass sensor is out so it just holds the injectors open far too long.

the only other t/b i have to hand is off a 1.3 and i dont think it will plug in as for the injectors the loom only runs one way so i couldnt possibly have those back to front.....i will check it again though just to be honest about it...

with a faulty maf on the micra + primera it should still start, the ECU controls the fuel / air ratio to 3k revs then the MAF takes over

problem sorted not a mechanic eat your words........persiverance pays dividends.....................1.6 out looms out 1.3 back in

more like a nightmare hahahahahahahahahahahahaha it will be got a plan and putting it into action hopefully wednesday will be the start so the 1.6 engine and box will be for sale 60 quid collected........

dont know if its at all relivent but the flywheel had been removed at some point maybe damaged something in the process who knows

Back