1.6 micra doom and gloom

kennierobo

Buy & Sell Member
Some of you are aware that i purchased the 1.6 micra from brooney well today given the good weather I managed to get rest of loom fitted and other jobs sorted. Alternater is still a no go as micra loom wont plug into primera alt so off to the breakers I went and got a micra alternater well this would not fit onto the primera engine even tried to change the bracket holding it this would not line up either turning into a lost cause i think any help or ideas on that one. Not to give up I set to instaling clocks and connecting battery this done i went to start it and noticed that the oil light and brake light were lit up on dash this cant be good ideas on that one please anyway put key in went to turn it over and guess what yes you got it battery u/s so it turned but very very slowley so until I get battery sorted its all stop again if any members have some input regarding the 3 known issues I have with it please let me know as without help its getting scraped ive about had enough now and its starting to be a perminant fixture to my garden......

changing the bracket wont make the micra alternator fit you have to use the 1.6
all i done was connected the cable that goes to the battery to the outlet of the alternator (14v) when running and left the other 2 cables out the only problem i have now is that the battery/brake light on the dash dont come so im running a voltmeater just incase
make sure your alternator is workin ok as i had problems with 3or 4 of them
dont give up on it

alternater is working fine so will give it a try when battery is fully charged i forgot to mention in above post but the 1.6 tb wireing that also is differant what wires need cutting and splicing for that to work as ive bolted on the 1.3 tb as a temp solution.........

Does the brake light go out when the handbrake is off? I know it's probably not the same problem but if it is it's an easy fix. In my case it was a sticky relay.

yes it went out when hand brake was released i will check relays when battery is charged if its still light outside if not it will have to wait until saturday

will do that as soon as there is life in battery hopefully it will stay light long enough , if i havent got alternater wired will this stop it starting or not

Well if it does start I doubt it would run for long. Plus it could kill your battery as they aren't designed to be fully discharged.

i think battery is busted and it was only to test fire i wasnt intending to try and keep it running for more than a few secs as it hasnt any coolent in it mainly to check wiring and fuel, ive just been out to check if it was charging and it dont look good also i noticed today he has removed the carbon filter and pipes so something else to contend with so now i have to locate where it should have been and try to rectify it....

I think they just take vapours from the fuel tank and convert them, it's an emissions thing so unless you have a breather pipe from the tank you can't connect it.

probley lying loose somewhere i will find it and sort it last on my list of things to do....before i put battery on charge i checked the distilled water empty so toped it up then my son informed me that brooney had it on charge all day so that explains why it wont take charge goosed so will sorce one during the week i think as it has been 2 hrs now and it still is registering as flat...

I took the battery off my other micra fully charged and allthough it turned over there was no petrol pumping from tank its all wired up but no joy......maybe i need to re think this I found a sunny in breakers today new in on a m plate its only a 1.4 but maybe the looms will suit better than a primera as they seem smaller my heads batterd now so time to leave it till weekend or just sell it over i have no idea whats it would be worth still got mot until november and tax till end of march god im tired..........

dont sell it! give it time. you will benifit from it when its done! but i carnt say much as its up to you what you do. imo if it doesnt run it wouldnt be worth alot...if you put a 1.3 back in it will be worth near on £1200 if not more depending on condision.

engine is low milage 46 thou and was running perfect in primera i have been looking at haynes and trying to work out why pump aint pumping checked fuses there ok it can only be the relay or something i have over looked maybe at weekend with fresh eyes things will look better. condition of car is rather good on v plate no interia fitted as its all to do when it runs again and if i decide to sell it on then it would be the closest bid to say 450 - 500 quid shells worth at least that.

ud make more stripping it mate,id buy most the parts off you ie brakes and driveshafts and anything else shiny lol, let me know if your gunna sell up cos ile more than likely take it off your hands

Well i looked at it again with fresh eyes this morning and fuse box next to battery is rubbish so thats that loom u/s.......so im off work all next week and the nissan sunny i found at my mates yard should give me all the looms I need to get it going it was driven in so I will strip it out on monday and as for nats and ecu im on the hunt for a p10 ecu enough is enough of joining together one loom to fit another im going to take one car (sunny) and get all i need from that exept the ecu its a 1.4 so no good if it wont run then its off to someone else as i give up.

update on this and im just thinking aloud here have located p10 ecu (no nats embeded) its paid for and on its way as i type this and also have located a sunny 1.4 with very good looms so engine side of sunny loom i know will fit but has any one used the fuse box side before will the plugs fit into micra cluster or will they need modified im off next week so i need as much input as possible as i will get it running by next friday oh yes the alternater on sunny will that fit the 1.6 i think i read somewehere here that the engine dimensions are the same but is that all thats the same would the mounts line up or has no one tried.....
forgot to mention that the guys who have supplied me with the p10 ecu are breaking 3 or 4 of them 1.6 and 2 ltr there email if you want it is [email protected] there good guys and very reasonable to also very helpfull when on phone

Well done..

..Remember, when the car is drivable, the passenger side mount needs moving back, and the gear selector arm needs fabricating - welding up..

..unfortunatly Broony didn;t have the parts needed when I fabricated soem quick mounts in..

Well done..

..Remember, when the car is drivable, the passenger side mount needs moving back, and the gear selector arm needs fabricating - welding up..

..unfortunatly Broony didn;t have the parts needed when I fabricated soem quick mounts in..

how far back are we talking i was led to think that that was the final resting place. are those mounts no good then ........it gets worse I wish i had known this before I started spending money I would have not bothered not to worry....do both mounts need re fabricated or just the one and if you can remember how far back or how and where do i take measurements from to get it correct, as for selector arm what needs doing there again i knew nil of this as he said it lined up... shortened and sleeved is that what needs doing or something else.........i think i need to get this up and into my garage somehow as it turns out to be more involved than i was told... cheers kristian for the heads up as i was unaware about these matters.........

in your dreams

IVE got a plan i have the 1.3 running gear and i have a 1.0ltr micra so 1.0ltr needs sills time to break it turn this heap back into a 1.3 next week not wanting to scrap the car. this will give me a good usable 1.3 no need to look for parts looms ect as they are all there enough is enough engine and gearbox will be sold off to anyone who wants to do a 1.6 conversion if no one wants it then i will scrap it........and if anyone wants the 10ltr shell when im done its a freebie come and get it

can someone clarify for me what im missing......micra engine loom (nats type) 1.6 ecu again (nats type with pickup ring and chip from key ) powers fuel pump turns engine over but no spark at plugs......using same engine loom with p10 ecu (no nats) wont power fuel pump turns engine over but still no spark at plugs........i have a sunny engine loom (no nats ) but it wont mate up with fuse box side of loom on micra harness so i cant use it.....would getting a none nats engine loom from micra solve issues.....

if i put this sketch up does it explain better what i mean or confuse even more

Attachments

• sunny micra looms.JPG
    sunny micra looms.JPG
    123 KB · Views: 205
can i just ask what is wrong with splicing in the 2 different connections?

ie. you said about the alternator

just keep the 1.6 alternator, but cut the non fitting connector and splice in the correct one, lining up the correct wiring

in all honesty a p10 loom and ecu would be your best bet any ways (depending what the engine came from, again best with a p10 engine) but any ways such as lights (i think i seen lights) it is just a matter of splicing on the correct wires on the loom to the correct connector (or change to golf headlights as they the same connectors as the k10 (~think k11 aswell)

the battery light coming on your dash means that the battery is not charging (defunct alternator or the fact that it not wired up if you hadnt wired it up at the time)

seems to me like there not that much to sort really to get it running fine!

admittadly wiring loom is the hardest thing to do if you r not sure on what your doing!

but best bet is find a p10 wiring loom both sides the engine side and the clocks side!

get printouts of BOTH the k11 wiring loom setup and the p10go through the k11 marking up which connectors goes to what object in the car (ie, alternator, starter, injectors, blah blah) and do the same on the p10

go through them both marrying up both sides (so log what connector on the k11 that goes to the alternator and log the one that the p10 uses, if they different then put the correct one on the wiring loom your gonna use, i advise using the p10)

simply wiring diagrams as MOST parts (alternator, starter, battery all run on the same principle wiring structure, just maybe with different wiring colours etc but they all have the same principle wires) marry these wires up to the correct connector you shall need, the only thing k11 that you would need would be doors/lights etc that you are keeping k11

engine side of things you want the engine wired up with the correct loom p10 engine to p10 loom for instance and this goes directly to the p10 ecu (non nats this way) then you will have a p10 wiring loom that all you need to do is splice in k11 lights connectors/door wiring blah blah....

could easily do a wiring loom in a night. maybe 2, aslong as you prepare yourself properly with printouts of both looms so you can trace them to the place they need to go

hope this helps, and hope you carry on with the conversion!

Wayne

Quicky

got it running got it running got it running got it running got it running got it running

it was rough but running none the less Im geting engine check light on cluster not nats as its a none nats loom, also had no spark at distributer tried to trace fault but was unable to tried the p10 ecu no spark well i asume its a p10 ecu tried the ecu that donated the looms (sunny) again no spark I was about to give up and remembered i had a pre nats ecu in garage from a 1.3 lx micra out of desperation i put it on and if i wasnt dumb founded it started ran rough but it started now i need to know why .............why would it start with the 1.3 ecu and not the others maybe someone here can tell me coz guess what i have no idea ......................it ran thats all i care about

Back