Ooowwwwwwwww My Back

God dang it, i don't know how i do it! Woke up yesterday with a sideache so just took some painkillers thinking i'd slept on it funny. Woke up this morning and can barely move without sharp pains and it aches non stop. Talk about sucking eh?

Gonna go to the doctors if i can get an appointment within the next year as i'm pretty worried about it. :doh:

Doctors will refer you to a physio, which in my case took 4 weeks. Too long if you're in pain! I was fortunate enough to end up with a Chiropractor, which helped loads. Your probably best off making a private appointment with one.

I know exaclty how your feeling!

I have been suffering for well over 2 years with sciatica and severe inflamation of both acro celiac joints which don't sit level due to a nasty fall I had.

Combine that with county level very competitive badminton, my body is a bit of a mess :S and yes I still continue to play!

Get yourself into a doctors, physio will take about 4 weeks to come through, in the meantime I find that heat theoripy which you can do yourself through heat patches, hot baths, massages (g/f comes in handy lol) and few other things will help a lot!

Kev

i'm not sure what it is at the moment to be honest. I've heard my parents chucking the word Sciatica around, but i don't know what it is. Someone said it sould just be a trapped nerve so i'm hoping it is and that it'll untrap itself in the next few days.

Respect for your enthusiasm to keep going lol. I can barely walk let alone run! Still doing some decorating though =) Sanding and filling my doorframes, which have dents in plus a chunk missing where i passed out and heabutted it/bit a chunk out at the same time. Nice gash in my head =)

Sciatica I would describe like a pulse / shooting pain.

i.e most people suffer with it with pains around the back area that send like a shooting / pulse pains down the legs and even into the feet. It's incredibly painful and can bring people to a complete stop.

I was told I would never play competitive badminton again, however I proved the doctors and physio wrong, it was all about determination to keep playing a sport I love and to over come it, even if I am somewhat of a complete cripple the next day lol!

Kev

ah, mine like becomes really painful in certain positions but they randomly change so i can never be careful about how i move!

Well done for proving them wrong though! I probably couldn't do what you've done!

Ow...sounds painfull.

Sciatica is usually the first thing many people think of as it's quite a popular diagnosis. Back pain can be caused by all sorts of things but most of time it's bad posture, slouching, not bending the legs when picking stuff up....you're young so it should improve somewhat if you try and keep active.

Have a look at how most people pick things up, especially women, it's very rare to see them bending their legs.

The Human body is not designed to do what most of us do all day so pain is your bodys way of saying please don't do whatever it was that caused the pain in the first place...

get well soon :)

A nice hot bath to relax the muscles will help if is sciatica spasms, I've suffered with it for years and it always helps, as for painkillers, I always use Syndol, its a codein/paracetamol mix, and ibuprofen to reduce inflammation.

i had sciatica when i was in the army but no1 beleived me untill i went to our physio and he said it was sciatica but i
still got made to go on the exersize and i got half way and i couldn't move but they carried me and when we got
there i was made to try again they eventualy got me put into hospital,
they said what was i doing to make it so bad and i said "i was made to go on ex" and they said what was i doing on the
ex and the army said just tabbing with a burgan, they said ok how much did it weigh.......
and i said when i went out it was 55kg which the physio said
was ok... but when we got to the first wp at the start of the tabb they made us all carry bridging pins. which put it
up to 110kg EACH! then our rifle and then webbing which brings the total weight of each of us upto 128kg!

And just so you get how heavy that is its enough to set off a L9 Barmine which is a anti-tank mine

Ow...sounds painfull.

Sciatica is usually the first thing many people think of as it's quite a popular diagnosis. Back pain can be caused by all sorts of things but most of time it's bad posture, slouching, not bending the legs when picking stuff up....you're young so it should improve somewhat if you try and keep active.

Have a look at how most people pick things up, especially women, it's very rare to see them bending their legs.

The Human body is not designed to do what most of us do all day so pain is your bodys way of saying please don't do whatever it was that caused the pain in the first place...

get well soon :)

Hey,
yeah i do usually pick things up ok, being a removals man my employers taught me alot of stuff about how to pick things up and such. However the day before this i had to move a 6 pot range cooker so i think its the after effects of that as i nearly dropped it and had to stop!

Thanks for the good wishes, hope i get soon too! Wanna go see my mate as she's really ill!

A nice hot bath to relax the muscles will help if is sciatica spasms, I've suffered with it for years and it always helps, as for painkillers, I always use Syndol, its a codein/paracetamol mix, and ibuprofen to reduce inflammation.

I tried that the first night, as well as deep heat muscle rub, both made it worse :down:

At the moment i've been told to take diuhydrocodeine, it's like an ultrapowerful painkiller, it worked for a while yesterday and the day before, only just got up so i'm praying the same today!

i had sciatica when i was in the army but no1 beleived me untill i went to our physio and he said it was sciatica but i
still got made to go on the exersize and i got half way and i couldn't move but they carried me and when we got
there i was made to try again they eventualy got me put into hospital,
they said what was i doing to make it so bad and i said "i was made to go on ex" and they said what was i doing on the
ex and the army said just tabbing with a burgan, they said ok how much did it weigh.......
and i said when i went out it was 55kg which the physio said
was ok... but when we got to the first wp at the start of the tabb they made us all carry bridging pins. which put it
up to 110kg EACH! then our rifle and then webbing which brings the total weight of each of us upto 128kg!

And just so you get how heavy that is its enough to set off a L9 Barmine which is a anti-tank mine

I hope your ok now mate, Sciatica sounds worse, i feel sorry for you! 128KG is a helluvva weight to lift, i've lifted a washing machine with a struggle, add another 10KG to that and thats about my limit! Hence i nearly dropped the 6 pot range cooker!

Careful what you do with dihydrocodein, its pretty good stuff but you will build up a tolerance, be careful not to take more than the recommended dose for the same effect if that happens, a codein od is not pleasant.

Back