on the coilovers :)

finally got the k10 and coilovers the other day corsa b on front polo 6n rear with home made polybushes and a set of k11 steels
i phone 3gs 244.jpg

and after that the camber was super stupid like -5 on the left fixed that but then had 6 toe out left and 4 toe out right so at college i managed to blag the 4 post and get i set proper now theres no having to steer right constantly to keep it straight now to fit a exhaust to piss the neighbours off :)

How hard is it to fit corsa b coilovers on front
easy file top hub mount on the coilover and drill the top of the micra top mount thing and put it on the corsa shock so u dont modify the strut tower i also cut of the anti roll bar link and brake mount of the corsa coilover so it wouldn't snag the brake line

It really is. I had to do some pretty frankenstein-esk mods to my micra topmounts to get them to work well...

i wanted it so i could go back to stock if i wanted it works pretty well for what i need im going to see if i can get something machined to fit perfect all in time though :)

i wanted it so i could go back to stock if i wanted it works pretty well for what i need im going to see if i can get something machined to fit perfect all in time though :)
They will never fit perfect even machined mate. They eat away at the bush and plastic seating washer. Also seen a few top mounts cracked. Only way is to make topmounts for it really. I cant talk as I run standard top mounts but it only took about 6months of use for them to have lasting damage, they now creak/squeak all the time.

They will never fit perfect even machined mate. They eat away at the bush and plastic seating washer. Also seen a few top mounts cracked. Only way is to make topmounts for it really. I cant talk as I run standard top mounts but it only took about 6months of use for them to have lasting damage, they now creak/squeak all the time.
im not gettin much creak and sqeak ive seen some one do polo coilover with out spacers between coily and topmount it was beyond me he was abit stupid lol

Probably me haha. I corrected mine though. Then decided polo fronts weren't for me and made my one off modified corsa setup.

It will seem fine for the first few months/1000 miles but after awhile the surfaces wear away badly and cause damage mate. My topmounts need replacing really on the K10. My bushing in the top mount is naffed and its made my steering very stiff.

Learn from peoples mistakes mate it saves heart ache and annoyance later on.

Back