on board pc

Belly93

to turbo or new lump :/ hmmm
has anyone ever thought about fitting an on board pc to link up to the ecu via diagnostics for live data n stuffs while driving?

would it be hard to do?

has anyone ever thought about fitting an on board pc to link up to the ecu via diagnostics for live data n stuffs while driving?

would it be hard to do?
I thought about a laptop. Plugged in via inverter.
Tuners do it temporarily. But not really a permanent fixture

Could be seen as:
A: Fast and the furious (y0)
B: Dangerous

But would be kinda cool if you got put in professionally and didn't look pritt-sticked to the dash.

Could be seen as:
A: Fast and the furious (y0)
B: Dangerous

But would be kinda cool if you got put in professionally and didn't look pritt-sticked to the dash.
I understand the dangerous but essentially no different to looking at dials in the centre of tge dash if its running live data

Cheapest way would prob be to use a Raspberry Pi, running Android of some form with a bluetooth adapter and a bluetooth OBDII adapter, for those with OBD of course, if not run it on Linux as it comes, and then run a USB consult cable to it. And as far as i know it is capable of running from a cars 12v supply. (using a 12v - 5v stepdown)

I'm sure there must be an external CD drive available, using a memory stick would be a better option for external storage.
For some reason I was thinking more DVDs :p kids and all that.
Would of also said programs... but I'd say they'd already be installed

just my 2p worth but iv got one of these that plugs directly into the obd2 port and gives live data, mpg's, fault code reader and loads more, £40 quid from ebay if i remember right

And disc drive all you need is an easily accessible usb port and an external disc drive

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Tapatalk

Back