ECU rom board

CMF_MicGreen

» CMF Member
Hi!

I have a little problem. I tried to open my ECU to see what kind of ROM board there is, but with my skills and tools, i wasn't able to do that.

I'm considering to take my ECU to re-mapped and the tuner asked if I could take a picture for him of the ROM board. He said that there is two kind of ROM boards in K11's, and he can only make re-mapping for one of them.

So, my car year model is 1999 with CG13DE engine. Can anyone tell what kind of ECU ROM board I have, and what's the difference to the other one? (if someone has any pics, those could be useful)

thanks already,
Lari

CMF_MicGreen

» CMF Member
Ok, i did some searching in this forum and find this link:
http://www.grid.co.jp/en/prod/prod186.htm

So recording to that link, i should have that 30 pin ROM board, am I right? Or is it still possible that I have 40 pin ROM board?

I know that the tuner has made chip to those 40 pin ROM boards, so if I have it also, he can make one for me =).

Lari

CMF_baguete

» CMF Member
MicGreen WROTE:

"baquete, did you order that Type4 board?<BR><BR>if you did, do you have it installed to your car?

Its baGuete... lol

Yes, i ordered Type4 Board, and its installed on the ECU and in my car.
Talk to Matt at NIStune because they dont have Facelift Micra on the Type4 car compatible list...

CMF_MicGreen

» CMF Member
sorry baguete :D..

do you have anything else modificated in your car (for example cold air intake or customised headers/manifold)?

I mean can you feel any difference in your car with that NisTune Board?

Lari

CMF_baguete

» CMF Member
MicGreen WROTE:

"sorry baguete :D..<BR><BR>do you have anything else modificated in your car (for example cold air intake or customised headers/manifold)? <BR><BR>I mean can you feel any difference in your car with that NisTune Board?<BR><BR>Lari

Hi, check my Micra Blog:

http://www.micra.org.uk/showthread.php?t=32924

I only changed some simple things, like revlimiter and speedlimiter, because to change the fuel maps you must have a Wideband sensor...
Soon i will buy the Wideband and start to really change the maps, but only when i have the 1.3 engine on the car.

Regards

Back