Omex

Stani1029

Club Member
whats the best price anyone on here can give me for an omex with everything i need?

please state a price and what this includes

What year car is this to go on? CGA3 gearbox and flywheel id use Omex etc, Normal box/flywheel id remap the stock ecu.

For a turbo installation you'll need Omex 600. Main harness, additional harness (for boost) water temp sensor/map sensor/air temp sensor. That lot would cost you probably 750 or so. If your buying new I can probably give you one of the best omex price.

Thankfully you wont find much variation in prices with omex ecus etc. The retail is 545+ vat and most will stick to that.

yeah i know, the place i spoke to said they would get that sorted but if they could be supplied with the omex then i suppose that would be better. if you can give me a price for just the ecu and then a price for all the other bits that would be good. depending on the price i will buy the ecu then the rest or all at once. cheers

What year car is this to go on? CGA3 gearbox and flywheel id use Omex etc, Normal box/flywheel id remap the stock ecu.

For a turbo installation you'll need Omex 600. Main harness, additional harness (for boost) water temp sensor/map sensor/air temp sensor. That lot would cost you probably 750 or so. If your buying new I can probably give you one of the best omex price.

Thankfully you wont find much variation in prices with omex ecus etc. The retail is 545+ vat and most will stick to that.

is this because most standalones cant read the older micra timing in signal? and the cga3 has a more standard timing sensor?

and stani, you gonna install/map this yourself or get a company to do it for you?

I made the loom for my Hawk with no privious expirience, i did however have a wiring diagram (not a very good one) for the hawk and a good one for the micra loom. just take a couple of engine looms from a breakers yard and butcher them, and solder the plugs onto the loom you get with the ecu, its time consuming but not that hard, plus you learn alot whilst doing it!

saying that if you got a micra engine loom from a breakers then you could cut the ecu and power/dials plugs off and just solder the omex loom into the micra one and the power/dials wires onto the power/dials plugs, dont see why that wouldnt work and it would save lots of time, just a though. Hope you can make sense of that, not very good at getting points across.

how do you do it Ed?

from what ive been told, i would get a new one made up. and you do make sense. the only thing that got me when previously doing a loom was certain wires around the injectors, certain wires were linked inside yellow bits of tape like it was melted and was all sticky inside. not sure if im making sense now lol??

from what ive been told, i would get a new one made up. and you do make sense. the only thing that got me when previously doing a loom was certain wires around the injectors, certain wires were linked inside yellow bits of tape like it was melted and was all sticky inside. not sure if im making sense now lol??

all the injectors are linked through a common live, and earthed through the ecu when opens them. well, its all money i guess, but i think that if you do as much as you can yourself, you learn more. if you did decide to do it yourself i would be willing to help as much as i can, you have my number.

yeah i thought couldnt i cut the original wires down near the ecu, mark what each one does and then find out where they have to go on the new ecu. solder each connection and thats it? not as easy as that obviously

yeah i thought couldnt i cut the original wires down near the ecu, mark what each one does and then find out where they have to go on the new ecu. solder each connection and thats it? not as easy as that obviously

yeah, i dont see why that wouldnt work, the power and signal to the dials come from different plugs (near the ecu).

Sadly you cant just pin for pin both ecus. Its not remotely that simple. ECCS ecus are nothing like Omex.

from what i remember when i looked into the omex units a while ago, theres not actually that many wires you need ecu wise to get an engine running.

my plan was to just make a custom loom that connected everything in i needed.

imo alot easier than getting a spare loom chopping it up etc

well ive already decided im not gonna try it, could be a waste of money and to be honest my car deserves to be setup properly

right i phoned the place that i "planned" to take my car to to get this fitted and they wont fit it because ive driven the car for approx 1100 miles (this not being above 3500rpm) they said the engine will already be damaged and that it would blow up even once setup within a month or so which is totally fine with me so long as it performs but theyre not having any of it. so im at the stage where its ####ing me off and im not wanting to go spend alot of money on these parts for nobody to fit it

yes i know, fair enough if i could drive the car i probably would go the distance but its not mot'd/taxed or insured. i dont see why they couldnt just fit it/set it up and leave me to enjoy lol i dont complain!

hmm you are too far really, it would add two days and a lot of fuel to the bill. how have you done 1000 miles or have you taken it off the road. If you did genuinely keep below 3K you should be ok. Still they could have had you done a disclaimer and even then, get a bore scope to look at the pistons and then you could see if they were damaged anyway.

because at the time it was mot'd/taxed and insured, only drove it to break the engine in which obviously hasnt helped me! i would happily sign anything to say nothing is their fault aslong as they dont just chuck it on and say its done lol i think i should still buy it and if it comes to it ill just have to trailor the car somewhere a bit further then 20 miles away.

Yes if the engine is built and you have truly been careful you should be ok. BTW i spoke to omex today regarding your car to see if it would be possible to use the standard CAS, but no, will still need to make a bracket and put a crank pickup on it.

possible to use the standard CAS, but no, will still need to make a bracket and put a crank pickup on it.

by CAS do you mean Crank Angle Sensor? I thought Stani had the origenal hall-effect system?

Stani, Im looking into installing a reluctor pick-up onto the crank pully atm, my main concern is keeping the crank balanced. the braket is easy (il get some pics up in my blog soon)

I didnt think you had much come back if a company blows up your engine anyway?? but tbh, atleast they are concerned for the car, it shows they are not just cowboys who dont give a ###### if it lasts or not. if i were you i would stick with them and try to come to some agreement. Lots of people on have taken their car to a company who have been like 'yeah yeah, we can do that no problem' and then messed it up.

Only the CGA3 gearboxes/coilpack K11s have hall sensors on a traditional crank pattern.

IMO number 1 reason for consistant K11s blowing up all the time with turbos is the acceptance of garages through inexperience to fit parts chosen and supplied by the customer.

Only the CGA3 gearboxes/coilpack K11s have hall sensors on a traditional crank pattern.

IMO number 1 reason for consistant K11s blowing up all the time with turbos is the acceptance of garages through inexperience to fit parts chosen and supplied by the customer.

oh, i thought they had a reluctor pickup on the flywheel. what do you call the older type(in dizzy) timing sensor then? the one that me and Stani have atm.

Thats an optical CAS sensor, which all Nissans have before 2000. Just the K11 uses a different toothed pattern on it to all other Nissans up to that point.

No. That will not work (directly) with the majority of after market ECUs

Yes you could do. You would need to design it in CAD and have it laser cut.

Yes you could do. You would need to design it in CAD and have it laser cut.

what would be the best design Ed? 36 small holes and one missing one? this might well be a cheaper and easyer way to run aftermarket ecu's than installing a conplete new sensor.

Yes if the engine is built and you have truly been careful you should be ok. BTW i spoke to omex today regarding your car to see if it would be possible to use the standard CAS, but no, will still need to make a bracket and put a crank pickup on it.

yeah thats fine, found a place that said they would do it. AVA in paisley, probably hand the car in for a week or 2 depending on how long it'll take. what price roughly should i be looking for having it fitted and mapped??

yeah thats fine, found a place that said they would do it. AVA in paisley, probably hand the car in for a week or 2 depending on how long it'll take. what price roughly should i be looking for having it fitted and mapped??

glad you'v found somewhere(Y) what are your plans for the timing sensor?

so ed £600-£1000 would be an average price?? and noddie (ed) lol ill be getting a timing wheel and crank sensor from ed which will be fitted somewhere within the pulley side i guess. i was meant to phone AVA earlier to go through it all but i was that busy i forgot. so ill call them tomorrow and see what there saying :)

Back