Older newbie..

I have always been drawn towards the Micra but never ventured in,but fate turned its hand and i became the owner of a 93 1.3 auto....
One previous owner,38,000 mls ,dents,but overall good condition.
Picked it up on a very rainy night and bumbled off home,misting up until i realised the recirculate was on..oops!.
First full drive and off to work was fine until it warmed up,then the engine popped and sputtered almost cutting out.Thought i had bought a lemon until i searched and found out about the sensor/throttle body problems.Went for the easy obvious fix first(lambda sensor)Did'nt work,so went for the throttle body re-solder.I was very apprehensive cause electrics and me don't go together and i thought,'' this must be too easy''.
Stripped it down.Looked at the breakdown online and went for it.After putting back together on Sunday morning,i wandered of very carefully,Granny like,waiting for the putt,putt sound at junctions,the hesitation.Nothing.After grabbing beer and nuts from the corner shop i proceeded to thrash the ######## off it...lol Penny,Pound thingee...
Wow !! what a dark horse.
On the straight road between villages my old fiesta gave me 65mph before the railway crossing,Micra 85+.Now thats flyin ,Yeeha!.
I'm pleased with it,Alot! (Y)
Forgot to mention my names Rob..:laugh:
You all seem to be young on here,or am i just old?:blush::laugh:

Thank you ! Everyone for a warm welcome.
Spent a while composing something more wholesome but must have spent too much time whafling ..Lol cause it would'nt except :blues:

PS Cheers!! for the guy who posted the throttle body fix(Y)(Y)

38 years, that´s how long I´ve managed to keep breathing so far... Getting up there. But hey, "what´s age but a number", "I´m just more experienced..:", "Your not older than you act like..." yada-yada-yada..... But welcome aboard !!!

Back