Old auntie's Micra: 1995 62k miles FSH

Hi,

My elderly aunt is no longer able to drive and is thinking of saying adieu to her 1995, post-box red, 3-door, 1.3, Micra – 62k genuine miles and full service history, in excellent condition with year's MOT. Someone she knows is interested but I don't want them to rip her off with that old people thing 'oh fifty quid and Ill take it off your hands'... Do you think £500 would be a reasonable price?

Many thanks all :)

Josh

Agreed Josh, A lot of car buyers will come round and point out rusty bits here and there, but stick to your guns, the engine is good for at least another 50k+ and any car with a years MOT is worth at least £500 for a years motoring. So my advice, let them have £50 off if they want to haggle, but don't go any lower than £500. If they push you, say you have someone else coming round to view the car an hour or two later. If they genuinely want the car they will buy it there and then. For a quicker sale, put a 6 months tax on it and sell it for £600, then someone has a car they can drive away there and then.

Back