Newbie, just bought 2005 micra with only 6,500 miles on the clock

Hi all. This is my 3rd Micra. Had a k11 then this is my second k12 se model. Managed to pickup a micra 1.2 se with only 6,500 genuine miles from New (2005) with 300-500 miles driven every year from new. Has been fully serviced every year by the same garage.

Car is in generally good condition all round. Just starting to drive it now so starting to find little problems already (expected with a nearly 18 year old car). I never knew there was a micra forum until now other wise I would of joined before.

I am going to start getting the car in order, so I expect I shall be active in the next few weeks asking questions.

Just thought I'd say hi to all ?

Hi. Good luck, you should have the opposite issues to the rest of us with that low of a mileage. ?

??, I hear ya!

Mechanically it seems sound. The stereo doesn't work, need a code. I'll have to take that out to get the code. I see you have a thread with people whom help with the unlock codes, will have to ask nicely there. Also intermittent boot lock issue......and I'm well aware of the Ball ache with that one. Once I get it together should be a great daily driver.

Driving in cold wet weather is going to be 'interesting'....
Luckily they recently put some decent continentals on. I've just sorted the leaky sunroof and central locking. Hopefully the car doesn't throw too many issues at me too early. Would like to get it all in good order. Should make a nice little car.

With such low mileage over the years, I would take care to not to overstress the engine at first, and would use a petrol additive to clean out the fuel system and engine/injectors, also a few oil changes close together will help. :)

With such low mileage over the years, I would take care to not to overstress the engine at first, and would use a petrol additive to clean out the fuel system and engine/injectors, also a few oil changes close together will help. :)
Cheers, will do. Thanks for the info. ?

Hi all. This is my 3rd Micra. Had a k11 then this is my second k12 se model. Managed to pickup a micra 1.2 se with only 6,500 genuine miles from New (2005) with 300-500 miles driven every year from new. Has been fully serviced every year by the same garage.

Car is in generally good condition all round. Just starting to drive it now so starting to find little problems already (expected with a nearly 18 year old car). I never knew there was a micra forum until now other wise I would of joined before.

I am going to start getting the car in order, so I expect I shall be active in the next few weeks asking questions.

Just thought I'd say hi to all ?
Hi I bought an auto one in June with 27 k on it it's absolutely brand new. And drives as new. Fifty mpg fast , and is so clean. Not even dust on the engine. Everything perfect. Fitted new USB player touch screen, new uprated speakers,. Dash tweeters. And it's a great new car for £4 k. And it's a 53 plate , expensive?? No. It's new

Hi I bought an auto one in June with 27 k on it it's absolutely brand new. And drives as new. Fifty mpg fast , and is so clean. Not even dust on the engine. Everything perfect. Fitted new USB player touch screen, new uprated speakers,. Dash tweeters. And it's a great new car for £4 k. And it's a 53 plate , expensive?? No. It's new

??, I hear ya!

Mechanically it seems sound. The stereo doesn't work, need a code. I'll have to take that out to get the code. I see you have a thread with people whom help with the unlock codes, will have to ask nicely there. Also intermittent boot lock issue......and I'm well aware of the Ball ache with that one. Once I get it together should be a great daily driver.
Hi forget the code. Get 7inch touch screen USB I could get you the link on e bay. Awesome sound pull out screen. Locks to your fone on Bluetooth, and is good loud and perfect , update the front speakers at least. Fit dash tweeters. Job done perfect sound. Radio £ 53. Speakers £20. Dash tweeters. £5. And perfect high Fi sound at any volume,. If your near west Wales I would fit it all fof you for free it's that good. ?

Back