could it be done?

Right this is what i was thinking, i was looking at my air filter which is like this:

S4020129.jpg

and wanted to move it, like to get air to it better, like moving it to infront of the grill, then i got thinking get a pipe bring it down as normal but then get a like Y tube and get two air filters?

it couldnt do no harm could it?

Grant

it would improve pickup tho i would imagine, but either way i need to move my current one does anyone know what the best thing to use would be?

thanks

There are speacialy designed units like these, think it works by having the two lots of air entering at the 2 different points thyus creating a vortex. Something to that affect! No it wont damage engine but will increase surface area of filter and air flow!

wont really make much difference having two airfilters as to make use of it you would have to max out 1 air filter and that would take some power. just re locate the filter in a place of air flow

ok i didnt really understand that so, when you say max out one air filter???

and when you say take some power do you mean loose power?

thanks

Wrenchable said:
There are speacialy designed units like these, think it works by having the two lots of air entering at the 2 different points thyus creating a vortex. Something to that affect! No it wont damage engine but will increase surface area of filter and air flow!

Is that not what the Vauxhall 'Twinports' are?

no, what he means is that even your standard filter would flow enough air for a 2.0 engine......and your after market filter will also flow enough air for at least 2.6 litres...

2 filters, (ie 1000bhp 2.6 twin turbo skylines) is waaay over kill....

but would look cool if done correctly..lol

do it..

You'll only ever flow as much as your most restrictive component.

And the inlet ports aren't exactly large, and the design of the inlet manifold is poor too

Back