Dodgy Distributor symptoms? K11 Experts help!

CMF_33driver

» CMF Member
Hey guys,

left home for work today, got about 500m down the road and the engine died. Pulled over to the side of the road, cranked it a few times but nothing, not even a splutter.

My thoughts so far:

Doesn't feel like a fuel issue as it didn't splutter and die, just a straight cut off like someone turned the ignition off. This may not rule out a seized full pump though as that would have stopped the flow of fuel immediately (had half a tank in it, topped up yesterday), has an R33 pump in it).

Doesn't feel like battery as it started fine this morning and had no issues cranking and turning over on the side of the road. Electrics seem fine, lights all work etc... (have not checked fuses yet though), fairly new battery (has been flat once since I bought it though).

To me it sounds like spark, but if it was just a lead or plug I would missfire, not cut out totally. The next bit up the line in my view is the distributor, loss of spark there and I would expect the symptoms I have.

Any thoughts or comments?

I haven't had a chance to look at it as I had to get to work this morning (left it on the side of the road and went in the skyline). Its home now, but dark so haven't had a good look yet. Probably won't have a chance until the weekend.

Welcome anyone's input :)

Cheers!
Matt

CMF_Greo

» CMF Member
Sounds the same as when my dizzy died.

Get a voltmeter onto the leads and see it they have power when cranked to eliminate them/ the main lead.
But if it's not fuel/leads/ battery, i would say a distributor.

Back