Unusual distributor??

Hi folks

as part of basic service for the 1999 1.0 k11 I got a new rotor and cap. I was a bit surprised to find they are different to the ones fitted - after checking with several factors!

The cap is maked as Hitachi, and I have found one seller on ebay with the matching rotor arm (no cap). He states that this distributor was only used for about 3 months just before the facelift (car was first registered March 2000). It is a non-coilpack engine, but seems to have the wiring harness from a 2000 model. Ithink it was a parts bin special at the end of the run!

So, can anyone confirm I'm not talking rubbish? Any idea where to get the correct parts? Is it easier to swap the dizzy for a standard item (and is that a straight swap?)... Is this weird dizzy fitted to any other nissans?

Cheers
Jools

i usually take my dizzy caps and rotor arms to motor factors so they can confirm its the right one cause more than usually with most cars there is about 2 or 3 different ones. thats why i don't like using ebay for these sort of parts unless its defiantly confirmed to be the right one.

i usually take my dizzy caps and rotor arms to motor factors so they can confirm its the right one cause more than usually with most cars there is about 2 or 3 different ones. thats why i don't like using ebay for these sort of parts unless its defiantly confirmed to be the right one.

Yup - that's what I did. I can't find anyone with the correct part! I only used ebay to see if *anyone* was showing my model. :suspect:

Cheers
Jools

Back