Oil filter...

CMF_Toma

» CMF Member
Call me crazy, but how the hell are you ment to change the oil filter? Either i have huge muscle-bound arms that dont fit in the micra engine bay (yeh, right!) or im looking at it the wrong way. Do you have to get the car up on ramps or hoisted to get to the oil filter? If you dont know what im talking about, ill gladly take a pic.

Ps. I do have an oil filter wrench.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
I can help you solve 2 of your problems in one hit.

You want to:

1) Get under the car on flat ground so you can remove the oil filter easily.
2) Turn some of that fat into muscle!

Here is my fantastic solution.

Grab a shovel and find a flat piece of ground. Dig a hole. Dig it 50cm deep and just longer than the car but not wider.

Now you will be able to crawl under the car easily to remove the oil filter and drain the car on flat ground. If you're lucky you'll also be a bit stronger because you did just dig a bloody big hole.

Enjoy!

CMF_Toma

» CMF Member
Im not saying im fat :D Just dont have arms like tree trunks. (much to my girlfriends dismay.)

Sounds like a clever idea Yom... ive got some ramps but i hate driving up them. always scares me when i get to the top and nearly fly over the edge.

Maybe ill find a big curb i can park on 1/2 way so i can crawl under... or ask my neighbour if i can use his car pit ;D

Back