Oil filter change

CMF_Welshbob1964

» CMF Member
Am I missing an easy technique to changing the oil filter on a K11 or is it in a awkward place?

From what I see I would have to put the car on the car ramps, crawl underneath and put my hand past the hot exhaust and grapple with the oil filter removal tool to get it off. Then try and not get hot oil down my arm and on my face/chest etc, also with the car at an angle I don't suppose it will drain from the sump fully. Is that about right?

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
You don't need to do it will it's hot? It's recommended but you don't have to, but you can always put your car on ramps, turn you steering wheel to the left and get the oil filter in off the side

CMF_Micra_King

» CMF Member
I always do it from the top of the engine bay ok. I have a nice compact oil filter tool and the only hard part is fully tightening the new one up as you don't have much room to move your hands but it always work out fine.

CMF_Greo

» CMF Member
I have done it from the top by hand which was a little awkward
Another time was from the bottom with a screw driver when who ever serviced it before me had over tightened it and i couldn't undo it by hand (very messy haha).

CMF_daily_ricer

» CMF Member
I have always done it from underneath with the front of the car on stands and never had any issues :) you got to get under the car to undo the sump drain anyway. if you only run tha car for 10 or 15 mins, it isnt too hot under there.

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
and bin that manifold bracket, so you can get your had around the filter :)

Attachments

• 75589.jpg
    75589.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 48
Back