oil filter warning

For those of you in the states who have trouble finding parts be careful. I replace my oil filter with one off the shelf that seemed to screw on and fit fine, but it came loose when driving and I lost all my oil. The motor seems to be fine, but that was a close call!

Hi Mark,
Sorry to hear about your filter problem. What brand did you use? When I changed mine out, I used a NAPA Gold 1361. It's about an inch longer than the one I replaced. I haven't had any leakage since. When I went to get it I ran into the same problem about no listing. I instead looked up a filter for a 1982-87 Nissan Pulsar because they have a very similar looking engine to the PAO only with larger displacement. That reference might help you with your air filter problem as well. Owning one of these cars is a real learning experience. I've had mine since January of this year and it really has been a lot of fun at cruise nights and car shows. Always run the 91 octane no ethanol fuel in it. your carb will last much longer.

I know you guys got hit pretty hard by that snow storm last weekend, so that probably put an end to going for a ride any time soon.

Take care,
Mark

Driveworks DW-4460. The thread size is listed online as M20 x 1.5. Your Napa one is listed at 3/4 x 16. 3/4" = 19mm, so that would explain why the 20 mm filter spun itself off. Next time I'll get a 3/4 x 16 one or just get one from amayama in Japan. Have you used this supplier?

I actually bought my Pao to use as a daily driver, but it's in such nice condition I'm hesitant to drive it when there's salt on the roads. They dump a ridiculous amount of salt on the roads around here and it can take a while for it all to wash away.

It's never clear to me if 91 or 93 octane gas has ethanol or not. We have a Shell close by with 93 Octane V-Power, but the pumps don't say whether or not it has ethanol ...and of course the employees inside don't have a clue.

Back