oil change / filter

Thinking about changing the oil on my 2000 k11 1.0 micra s

Just wondering before I start what tools/sizes I'll need?

I've bought 10w40 Castrol and genuine Nissan oil filter ( hopefully its correct bought it of ebay lol )

Assuming it's the same as my 95' 1.3 Micra's, all you need is a 14mm socket to unscrew the sump drain bolt and a chain whip or pipe grips to undo the filter underneath the intake manifold, unless it's been done up by a gorilla in which case you may need to get under the car to pierce the filter with a screwdriver ( as access from the top is very limited ) just be ready to get covered in oil. Over tight filter notwithstanding it's normally a 10 minute job.

Assuming it's the same as my 95' 1.3 Micra's, all you need is a 14mm socket to unscrew the sump drain bolt and a chain whip or pipe grips to undo the filter underneath the intake manifold, unless it's been done up by a gorilla in which case you may need to get under the car to pierce the filter with a screwdriver ( as access from the top is very limited ) just be ready to get covered in oil. Over tight filter notwithstanding it's normally a 10 minute job.
thanks I bought a genuine oil filter off ebay so hopefully it fits incase I have to screwdriver the old one lol.

Using a clothe over the oil filter makes its lot easy to take off, start going from the drivers side so ur facing the passenger wheel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DEFIANTLY axle stands if you have to go under the car bud, once old filter is off dip a finger in new engine oil and smear it around the rubber sealing ring ( I always "prime" my new filter by filling it with oil too ) and refit hand tight only.
I just did this very same job on my Super S this weekend, it was the first oil change for the car in my possession ( I have owned it for about a month ) and my filter was very tight, so under the car with pipe grips I went, not much room to work and filter collapsed cause I had to grip it so hard, but eventually it came off. Refitted new filter hand tight, next oil change the filter should be "fairly" easy to remove from the engine bay rather than having to go under the car.

DEFIANTLY axle stands if you have to go under the car bud, once old filter is off dip a finger in new engine oil and smear it around the rubber sealing ring ( I always "prime" my new filter by filling it with oil too ) and refit hand tight only.
I just did this very same job on my Super S this weekend, it was the first oil change for the car in my possession ( I have owned it for about a month ) and my filter was very tight, so under the car with pipe grips I went, not much room to work and filter collapsed cause I had to grip it so hard, but eventually it came off. Refitted new filter hand tight, next oil change the filter should be "fairly" easy to remove from the engine bay rather than having to go under the car.
thanks matey I done it last night was easy. the filter took some getting off though (tight little bastard)

Back