Oil Filter Removal

CMF_Daz

» CMF Member
Has anyone found the ideal method/ tool for removing the Z442 oil filter?
Ive got a variety of strap spnners etc, however it seems i often have to resort back to the screw driver and hammer method (yes Im sure I over tighten them).
Has anyone found a socket arrangement that fits on the back of the filter?

CMF_sportsclassic

» CMF Member
Hi Daz i have used these tools before they seem to be ok, available through any tool supplier,

Attachments

• 43449.gif
    43449.gif
    34.6 KB · Views: 36

CMF_Daz

» CMF Member
Thanks guys,

The strap socket worked today however I will see what I can find next time Im down in Cairns. (not much choice up here on the tableland)
I did buy something from Autobarn once that looks similar to what you have listed Micra King (three legs that clamp as you turn to undo) however not much success (had much thinner legs than your picture)
Sportsclassic, do you know who makes the one you have attached? Thats what I had in mind however I couldnt convince the local auto shop up here to try and find one.

CMF_Micra_King

» CMF Member
The one I have has two grips only and if you would like to buy one I can get you one from work cheap and post it to you if you cant find something else. Works wonders for me :)

CMF_nz_aj

» CMF Member
Mine is a flexible strap that wraps around the filter and is tightened & turned with a 1/2" powerbar or ratchet, something like the attached. I've seen a few different versions along the same theme.

If I'm replacing a filter I always use FRAM brand with the sand in the paint for grip, requiring no tools. SureGRIP. Supercheap stock them in NZ.
http://www.fram.com/products/oilFilters.php

Attachments

• 43494.jpg
    43494.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 39

CMF_psmicra

» CMF Member

CMF_sikK11

» CMF Member
i use a filter strap similiar to the one pictured above a couple o posts. But i have now gone to the drift filter with the nut basically welded on to get a spanner onto it. Make like easy.

smidge

» CMF Member
the little three leg one works just takes some practise to make it grip properly

consider yourselves lucky with the k11 filter location, on the ST it is in the most awkward spot

almost like the oil filter was an afterthought

Back