Squeeks and Rattles

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
Only one to go. Whitey has a rattle ( faint) coming from the glovebox area. I am sure its something to do with the heater so will start the chase.Anyone else had this rattle?
Hack rattle/vibration free apart from that strange tick, tick noise on ocassions near drivers side head. Only hear it when you turn the motor off.
All other noises are those lovely mechanical ones associated with forced Micras.
Whitey a little bit more noisy but it is the supercharger belt whirring around and once you hit boost a different sound altogether.
The Goodyear Gatorback belt sure did quieten it down when off boost.
Re checked the belt for stretch as it has been on for about 2 thousand ks. but no adjustment needed. So I am sold on these belts.Spare one in da boot.

Attachments

• 18136.jpg
    18136.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 34

CMF_Brendon

» CMF Member
i have spent countless hours looking for and fixing damn annoying rattles all through my car. the worst which happens on all gtirs some time is the welds/tacs in the roof on the cross support pieces that run in between roof and lining come lose so you gotta take out all the roof lining and reweld or sticker flex or whatever to put in between gaps to stop the annoying noise.

cisco

» CMF Member
Well done on the Gatorback. That's good news.

Well being down to only 1 remaining rattle is quite an achievement.

I need to fix a few again now. After giving the car a real good hiding over the meet weekend, I got a couple of minor new ones. Just from things settling in I'm pretty sure.

- Rear swaybar bushes need greasing again
- weird mystery rattle coming from in under the steering column somewhere. Its something very tiny, but touching everything doesn't remove it. Its like its something in the wiring up underneath just vibrating a bit.
- Yeah, Driver's side door near head area. Kind of like a whooshing thing also.
- Driver's door lock mechanism rods, a bit loose I'm pretty sure.
- Gear stick one has come back slightly - bolts underneath need checking.
- Lots of general air whooshing road noise. Need to complete sound deadening matt installation properly and do both doors.

I might fire back up and try to knock a few things like this over again soon.

Back