Progress !!

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
Found out where that small annoying oil leak was coming from ex the supercharger. Could not figure it out. It was not leaking around where the supercharger gearbox mates to the rest of the supercharger so I was really stuffed to where it could be loosing oil.
After a run noticed some oil bubbling up where the dipstick enters the gearbox.Looks like it has developed a crack for some strange reason. The top of the dipstick is threaded and screws down into a nut which I assume is like welded to the gearbox housing.Leaking between the nut and the housing.
Only way to get at it is to remove the exhaust manifold and then work out how to seal.Weld it or use some of that liquid metal goo.A lot of heat down there so have to make sure do it right first time.
Now that one bloody small rattle that comes and goes behind the glovebox and Whitey is near perfect.
Summer project is to rip out the back seat and turn Whitey into a van.Might then start up an express parcel delivery service but the drivers in Perth scare me to death.Nearly got cleaned up at a roundabout by an old asian lady who decided best way to get round the roundabout was to take the shortest possible course which meant a lane change halfway around and of course no idea I was just about beside her in the inside lane.How do some of them get a licence? but suspect a lot of them do not have one.
So have decided best policy is either to be in front or well behind but never beside another vehicle. Indicators seem to be an option over here when changing lanes or if you do indicate to change lanes a lot of idiots will speed up to stop you changing. So now when I see a gap and want to change lanes, put the foot down and indicate when it is too late for them to react.

CMF_Toma

» CMF Member
Each day as i drive to or from work, i see at minimum 1 person not using their indicator. Perth has a serious lack of police because they are under paid. I REALLY want to see more unmarked police cars so they catch all the crappy drivers that i encounter. How about offering your White Knight as an undercover police car? You can catch perps and never get out run ;D

And yeh, 2 lane round about are always trouble. People drive up to them (elderly peepz) and dont know what the hell is going on. So they just swerve thru them without a care in the world.

PS. Im delaying all enhancement projects to the Micra atm, im getting a R/C Mini Cooper from Tamiya for my b/day soon. (HOORAY!) And will probably spend some money and time on that, sporting it up and racing the hell out of it. Coz lets face it, you spend $10000 to sport up a street car and you put yourself and others at risk from using the features. With R/C you can go silly and have safe fun doing so! :)

CMF_Toma

» CMF Member
to tell you the thruth (+1 drunk points) ive never felt the adrenaline of fast cars. If floored it foot to the floor in my mums twin turbo supra and felt the G's of the wihte knight, and really never felt any different. Sure, its fast, but really, its just the same as a rollercoaster. A $5 ride at the annual royal show! :( Maybe im just wierd. Or too many PC Games, but R/C is just as fun as normal driving. IMHO.

;P

Back