Odometer and time disappeared.

Hi I have K11 Micra 1.0 CVT 2002, the odometer and the time have stop worked. I have a MOT in January, will it pass?
reason is the mechanical they won't know what is the mileage to write on the MOT certificate.

Thanks very helpful nobody answer my question.
Hi I have K11 Micra 1.0 CVT 2002, the odometer and the time have stop worked. I have a MOT in January, will it pass?
reason is the mechanical they won't know what is the mileage to write on the MOT certificate.

Found out the MOT won't pass with no mileage present on dash. My is 69,000 miles if I find one from scrapyard for example speedo with 100,000 miles from car will it reset to back 69,000 miles when I fit in my car???
thanks

You CAN NOT turn milages down on a speedo that is ILLEGAL.....just fit it take a pic when you installed it and explain to the mot and they will simply take the milage at the time of the mot

Dave

Found out the MOT won't pass with no mileage present on dash. My is 69,000 miles if I find one from scrapyard for example speedo with 100,000 miles from car will it reset to back 69,000 miles when I fit in my car???
thanks
If the speedometer mileage display is electronic and not mechanical, is the information stored in the speedo head or in the cars ECU?
If it is in the ECU then I would expect it to stay original if the speedo was changed......?

your allowed to change the millage , as long as your not trying to selling the vehicle and claiming its low millage ,when its not, also mot history can prove it , its fairly normally with cars that have HAD to have the clocks replaced due to a fault, and the new clocks may say 0miles, (thats if the memory is stored on the clocks or such)
it maybe worth taking the clocks out and pressing on the lcd, ive once done it on a k11 and simply put the it had a loose connection and pressing it made it work again
maybe worth a ask on the fb page? aswell for clocks with near the same millage

Back