Serious odometer problem

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Hi all. I've got a problem.

Well at least I think I do.

Now I'm the only person who drives my car and as such I know how many KM i do with it, etc. The other day I filled up the tank and reset the odometer. Driving to work this morning I could swear I observed a mere 46km on the trip meter and the fuel tank was still showing full (fuel was 110c/L for 95ron so i filled up).

Now when I got home this afternoon I noticed my trip meter was showing 176km. For brisbaneites, I drove from Alexandra Hills to Carindale and then back again. Thats it. No running around in between. Where the hell did I pickup the extra hundred KM?

I honestly do NOT recall seeing over 100km on the trip meter this morning. PLUS my fuel guage has still only JUST moved off the "full" marking. If my memory serves me correct I've also managed to do like 700km (on the odometer) in the last week which is impossible because the last time I put fuel in it was at least a week ago and I only put $25 in it which brought it up to half way.

WHY IS MY CAR OVERCOUNTING THE KM I'M DOING??? LOL

This is no good. no good at al. front tyres are 195/45R15. No tyre size could do what is happening here.

I see 3 options.

1) my car is the new herbie and is driving itself
2) I am suffering a severe memory problem
3) Something is broken in my odometer

I guess we'll just have to sit back and see what pans out. Is Yom going nuts, is Charlotte more than she appears or is my odometer playing up?

Oh god I hope I'm going nuts.

CMF_Toma

» CMF Member
Setup a camera at night and point it at the car. Next morning, check to see if your car leave to go party/race in secret races/buy itself parts with your wallet that you left in it. If it is the next Herbie, i want video evidence! :D

Also, look at it head on and give it a wink. If it winks back, you know you've got something special.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Well after doing just over 100km today it didnt play any of its funky tricks.

May have just been a random event. Like what I could do with the pulsar. If i pressed the trip meter reset in a certain way it would stop both the trip and odometer.

lol I did well over 500km with it jammed like that. :(

Back