OBD2 Wont give any info

Hi All,

I have two OBD bluetooth devices, one old ELM one and one got delivered today, Vgate iCar BT.

Neither will connect to my daughters K12 1.2 2003 Micra that currently has the engine light on after I serviced it, Plugs filters and oil.

I have confirmed the Vgate works by connecting it to a 2016 Vauxhall Insignia.

I'm using and android phone, Samsung galaxy s4 and have tried Torque and OBD Car doctor.

Has anyone had any problems with the connector on their Micra?
Has anyone used either of these or does anyone have details on what they use?

Thanks for any help

Vince

What version of elm do u have? I have mine which is v2.1 that connects..however if u want to use nissan data scan 2, use elm327 v1.5

Hi All,

I have two OBD bluetooth devices, one old ELM one and one got delivered today, Vgate iCar BT.

Neither will connect to my daughters K12 1.2 2003 Micra that currently has the engine light on after I serviced it, Plugs filters and oil.

I have confirmed the Vgate works by connecting it to a 2016 Vauxhall Insignia.

I'm using and android phone, Samsung galaxy s4 and have tried Torque and OBD Car doctor.

Has anyone had any problems with the connector on their Micra?
Has anyone used either of these or does anyone have details on what they use?

Thanks for any help

Vince
Hi

I resently purchased a
Autel MaxiDiag Elite MD802 For ALL System +DS Model OBD2 Code Reader
as it can read most cars SRS codes. Good but a bit pricy at £182

I meant to come back and say i have got the codes out now and cleared them.

I guess I didnt want to embarress myself.

I turned the ignition on and the ODB BT device connected and all android apps I have used have linked up fine now.

I havent tried the old device as it reported an error that could cause a vehicle fault but the icar device works perfectly.

Back