56 Plate C+C Auto Wont Start

Hi All,

I bought a 56 plate C+C Auto for the Mrs two weeks ago and now it won't start. Green Flag came out today and checked it but they didn't really know what was wrong with it, they think it's probably the starter motor. All the electrics are fine, central locking, windows etc. No warning lights on the dashboard. The immobiliser light goes off when the key turns round so that seems to be ok as well. It won't jump start either.

Has been driving fine for the last two weeks, although sometimes it wouldn't start straight away, you had to turn the key back and try again and then it would fire up. Due to this i'm thinking it could be the ignition barrel???? Was there a recall for this? I think there may have been a problem with this on 03-05 models along with the camshaft-chain. Hopefully this shouldn't be the fault with this one but i'm not entirely sure.

The car has only done 25k miles and was serviced at 10k and then at 20k, by Nissan, no work needed or required.

Also when you try starting it and hold the key in the start position the engine makes a constant beep sound only heard if you have the bonnet up.

Any ideas anyone????

many many thanks in advance

2 things...
1st if you roll the car by hands and give it a 2nd gear does it starts?
if it so then the problem can be several things...
but when in the past also has lets say the same problem it can be the starter motor...
or...
the switch itself...

2 things...
1st if you roll the car by hands and give it a 2nd gear does it starts?
if it so then the problem can be several things...
but when in the past also has lets say the same problem it can be the starter motor...
or...
the switch itself...

Thanks for your email, The green Flag guy tried this and nothing happened, he then rolled it on to the truck.

The car is with Green Flag who called me today to inform me that the starter motor is fine. They seem to think that the signal sent to the starter is at fault, which could be down to either the wire, or a simple software reset or worst case, ECU. Any ideas how much this can cost? Only Nissan can do the work apparently.

I rang 4 different nissan garages around leeds, Wakefield, Halifax, Bradford - all said they are fully booked for the next week. Some say it's £45 for diagnostic, then parts and labour, others say the first 15 minutes are free and then £100 + VAT for the first hour.

Only had it two weeks, hope this isn't the start of something bad......

Thanks for your email Adam, the battery in both key fobs is fine (I checked that first), I live in Huddersfield (in between Leeds and Sheffield). It's got half a tank of fuel and when you first attempt to start the car you can hear the fuel line pump operating as you turn the key. Green Flag seem to think its the signal to the starter that's at fault either the wire, a software reset or a new ECU "should" fix it. Any ideas at what ECU costs from Nissan and labour?

Thanks

Hi again,

I found out today that the car actually starts if you give the starter motor power. This probably indicates that the ECU could be at fault or the wiring.

Anybody know how to bypass the ECU in order for the engine to start?

Hi again,

I found out today that the car actually starts if you give the starter motor power. This probably indicates that the ECU could be at fault or the wiring.

Anybody know how to bypass the ECU in order for the engine to start?

after that i can surelly say that is the switch..if was the ecu the car wont start at all...

The ignition switch is the normal cause of this issue, fatcarp have you got a live feed to your starter motor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back