finding an O2 sensor

CMF_Nnick

» CMF Member
I have a 1996 Nissan March K11, it is a Japanese import. I am located in the Caribbean.

I am trying to find an O2 sensor but my local dealer does not have any in stock. Does anyone here know of a U.S store (I am closer to the U.S) that would have the sensor? I have been searching online and can not find any.

The U.K would be more expensive for me but it is better than nothing, does anyone know of an online store there?

My car cuts out spontaneously due to the bad sensor and so i need this problem resolved.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

smidge

» CMF Member
you are 100% sure its the 02 sensor causing it to cut out?

have you read on here about the throttle body resolder? thats more likely to cause cutting out than the sensor

anyway you can use a universal NGK sensor, have a look for the thread on here Micra Spare PArts started by NSM

CMF_nz_aj

» CMF Member
Unplug your O2 sensor. Engine runs fine without O2 sensor but will use about 10% more petrol.
If the problem goes away then it's faulty.
If not, it's probably the throttlebody, especially the AFM board & idle control.

CMF_DeepFraught

» CMF Member
Nnick I had an O2 sensor problem like this on an EP82 Starlet GT Turbo I had. Back then there were a couple owners from Barbados IIRC.

I was quite baffled to find it was the O2 sensor, I think it was a fault code that told me so, after I had chased ignition, timing etc. etc.

Unplugging sounds brilliant, pull the fuse to your ECU and allow it to reset the fault codes so when you run without it, it's not trying to apply any corrupt stored parameters from the bad sensor.

CMF_Nnick

» CMF Member
thanks guys for the info and tips.
I will tell the guy that works on my car and we will unplug the sensor and try that first. Reason that we think it is the O2 sensor is because there is a light on my dashboard, it looks like an exhaust symbol. My mechanic tells me that this would come on if the O2 goes bad.

deepfraught, we used to have alot of gt turbos and swift gti on our roads. still have a few but not as many as before.

CMF_Nnick

» CMF Member
hi

I unplugged the sensor and the car was stalling, in fact it stalled before I even left home, which is better than out there on the road.

From what I have read here it seems like this is probably the throttle body issue. I have downloaded the manual to carry for someone who can do the work for me.

The only thing that bothers me right now is this symbol that is illuminated on the dashboard. It is in the bottom right hand corner. Does anyone know what it is? Does it have to do with the throttle body issue as well?

I just want to make sure I am working on the right problem.
Any help is appreciated. Thanks again.

Back