o2 sensor problem

CMF_Akinari

» CMF Member
hi guys

just found out that one of the things that is causing my k11s stalls is the o2 sensor.. but will take some time to order a replacement one. just wondering what would happen if i temporarily disconnect the o2 sensor? would the car still be operational? will it still stall?

thnx in advance

aki

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
aki

if yours is knackered, i doubt if it will make any difference if you disconnect it, and i doubt if a duff lambda would affect the tickover (it should read 3.3ohms), (and about .5v @ 3000rpm)

frank

CMF_nz_aj

» CMF Member
Running with no O2 sensor will mean it will use about 10% more fuel than with a good working O2 sensor. It otherwise will run perfectly fine.

If you still have the same stalling problem with it disconnected, most likely you have a MAF problem.

CMF_Akinari

» CMF Member
thank you for the replies sir..

will be trying to remove the o2 sensor and check if car still stalls..
it stalling continues, do i have to replace the whole tb? coz if im not mistaken the MAF sensor is built in the tb.

aki

CMF_Akinari

» CMF Member
update..

car stalled again this morning. so i decided to remove the o2 sensor connection and see what happens.. and what do ya know! it didn't stall!
and i noticed my fuel economy got better.. coz before i removed the sensor, it sometimes smells like gas leaking and consumes a lot of fuel.

i guess the o2 sensor was causing all this..

@frank
i was planning to cleanup the idle control valve because my old mechanic did clean it up last time.. but can you show me a pic of the proper opening for it coz i think he changed the opening position of the valve and i want to open/close it back to stock.

thanks for the reply guys

aki

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
aki

i disconnected mine too, but it did,nt seem to make any difference, it should overfuel on cruise in theory.
i dont know to any pics, i,m afraid, but you could check that the "O" ring is not mis-fitted

frank

Back